• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

My BBQ Sauce

65coupei6

Well, I finally perfected my sauce. I think...

So far it has been good on steak. To bad my grill took a crapper or else I would cook up some chicken or pork.

Marco,
Is this a sauce to put on a steak after or before being cooked? What other meats if any will this sauce work on?

I used it on the steak after for dipping. Like a Heinz 57. I will try it on some baked ribs tonight for cooking.

After I bottle it. Maybe the secret ingredients will be revealed. :)

Looks like stuff I made last year. Tasted great but do I know exactly what I put in to it??? NOOOOOOOO! I just remember dried chili's, roasted garlic, onions, tomatoes and jalapenos but it was similar to heinz 57 but spicyer

I make one with butter in it, onions, tomato paste, soy sauce, Worcestershire sauce, mustard, horseradish, spices and garlic. It is very good on all meats. before you cook or after or even both!

I haven't tried the Hienz 57 style yet.

I really don't like a lot of sauces on my meat.

Mel

From all the research I did. They all have basically the same ingredients. Just have to tweak them a little.

This one has almost the same as what Mel posted.

Tomato paste, worcestershire, mustard, onion, salt, white vinegar, (I tried Apple Cider Vinegar with some good results) other spices.
Mine needs a little more kick. Some people add Hot Sauce but I like cayenne pepper.

Oh, I forgot the vinegar. I use a green chile spice I got in New Mexico also.

For kick when I want it, I use Louisiana Hot sauce.

Mel

Back