• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

My blood pressure is off the charts!

daveSanborn

I received notification in the mail from the stupid-ass lawyer that I hired to resolve my speeding ticket that my case was resolved.

He used my prayer for judgement.

When I met with him I specifically told him DO NOT UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES use my prayer for judgement. He agreed to this.... and then went ahead and used it anyway. He assured me that he could get it reduced to "9 MPH over the speed limit" or "faulty equipment". He went on talking a great game about delaying the case until the state trooper didn't appear in court.

I have different levels of pissed-off. Right now I'm just below the level that involves a baseball bat.

His office opens in 35 minutes and if my chest doesn't explode before then he's going to get an ass chewing that will completely ruin his day.

Ouch..............I looked towards the northeast and did see smoke. Sounds like the lawyer might need a doctor....soon too.

We expect a full report back including pics or video of said ass chewing :vic

Something about crawling under the Judge's bench and "praying".......I've never had to do it, but thats what I heard......

Can't wait to hear how this turns out! Prayer for judgement basically "hides" the ticket for 3 years. If you get another within 3 years both will show up. Then you have to use your "prayer for judgement continued". You get a PJC, or you did a few years ago. Not bad unless you score a third ticket within that time frame. Then you go from 0 to 3. Sounds like your lawyer was real lazy Dave. It doesn't take much for 'em to get it to improper equipment.

"Sluggo" said:
What does Prayer for judgment mean and what is the outcome of it?

http://prayerforjudgment.com/prayer-for-judgment.html

IMO, a PJC is like Duane said... a "get out of jail free card". IMO, it's something that's used as a "last resort" to minimize what would otherwise be a VERY serious offense.... like a DUI. The above link expalins all of the particulars.

Sounds like your lawyer was real lazy Dave. It doesn't take much for 'em to get it to improper equipment.

This is EXACTLY what I'm pissed off about. I could have taken a couple hours off work and sat at the courthouse waiting for my name to be called and then just used my PJC myself. You don't need a lawyer to use a PJC. I specifically told him NOT to use my PJC and he agreed that it wouldn't be necessary... and then he went ahead and used it anyway.... probably because it involved zero effort on his part. I paid him to do something and he didn't do it is basically what it comes down to. I'm contemplating calling my bank and disputing the debit transaction that paid him, but this could lead to "shit-storm part II". I'm not sure if I want to get into a battle with a lawyer over a few hundred dollars when he's better armed than I am.

I went to the lawyers office this morning and of course he's "not in". I calmly relayed my disappointment/frustration to his clerk and she stated that he may not have had a choice but to use the PJC. I have a Monday 3PM appointment with him to discuss his ineptness.

The "he didn't have a choice" excuse doesn't cut it. He damn well did have a choice. He agreed beforehand to not use my PJC and to work towards one of three possible outcomes. Reducing to under 9 MPH over the limit, faulty equipment, or dismissed because the trooper eventually didn't appear in court. These were his statements, not mine. If the judge/ADA happened to be in a foul mood last tuesday on my court date... and weren't being cooperative towards one of the three possible outcomes.... he could have easily requested a continuance. He had a choice and he chose to take my money, lie to me and then throw me under the bus.

At this point in my opinion he's a liar AND a thief. If on monday he agrees to return to me his fee he'll only be a liar.

If I hired a "business professional" to tune-up my car.... and he only rotated the tires because the tune-up proved to difficult for him... explain to me how it would be any different? Did I receive a service? Yes. Was it the agreed upon service? No. Back to my lawyer.... specifically, the service I received was EXACTLY the service I told him not to perform.

Yeah, I'm still pissed.

Dave, we'll be rolling into MB late Wed. with a Thurs. am tee time. I'll have the drinks ready for ya Thurs. afternoon.

Dave I am with you 100%, I would probably have the wife with me so she could bail me out of jail, I would point blank ask him if he was that lazy or just an asshole that didn't care!

"blue65coupe" said:
Dave, we'll be rolling into MB late Wed. with a Thurs. am tee time. I'll have the drinks ready for ya Thurs. afternoon.

Where you playin golf Thursday Duane?

Back