• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

My blood pressure is off the charts!

"Fast68back" said:
How did it go yesterday Dave?

My Monday 3PM appointment with my lawyer was re-scheduled for today at 4PM. According to his assistant he was missing some documents.... read: NOT PREPARED..... and needed to reschedule until today.

Okay, so how about this..... when he was standing in front of the judge a couple weeks ago..... and things weren't going so smoothly..... why couldn't he have re-scheduled the court date? He obviously doesn't have a problem re-scheduling with me, but he couldn't with the court?

M'fer took my money and threw me under the bus at the first opportunity. I'll likely not walk out of his office this afternoon with any different outcome, but the SOB is going to get a piece of my mind.

"daveSanborn" said:
...M'fer took my money and threw me under the bus at the first opportunity. I'll likely not walk out of his office this afternoon with any different outcome, but the SOB is going to get a piece of my mind....

Dave, why you so irritatered? This guy you gave money to is a lawyer!!!! He could be your congressman! Give him a piece of your mind if that makes you feel better. Ceveat Emptor.

[hide]

Is it possible to reopen a traffic case??---Probably be pretty $$$----you are probably in his office as I am typing, I am looking forward to your next post!

"opentrackerSteve" said:
Dave, why you so irritatered? This guy you gave money to is a lawyer!!!! He could be your congressman! Give him a piece of your mind if that makes you feel better. Ceveat Emptor.

[hide]

Not quite....

Rarely in life do the stars align such that a lawyer is squirming in his chair looking for the quickest way out of a bad situation, but it just happened with me.

After him offering to refund my payment in full I told him I could care less about the money and that I was more concerned with the fact that he flat out lied to me and went completely against the one marching order I had given him (not to use my PJC). That his poor representation and direct violation of my desires left me with no alternative but to file a complaint with the NC Bar Assoc.

I'm pretty sure he regret's me ever walking in his door.

Outcome:

He's heading back to the courthouse to revoke my PJC plea and swears that he can get the ticket reduced to "less than 10 MPH over the speed limit". This is EXACTLY what he was supposed to do in the first place!

Blood pressure report - 132/78.

Stay tuned as I'm sure this isn't over just yet.

nice update. glad you have leverage and I'd report it all to the bar..... even if he does get you off. do you have a record of your instructions to him (email or letter)?

do you have a record of your instructions to him (email or letter)?

Yes.

On my initial visit we filled out a brief "questionaire" type office document. Drivers license number, address, contact info, driving record, etc., etc. On this document it clearly states "DO NOT USE PJC". It's also hand-written on the front of his folder that contains this document. I have a copy of the document that I received from our initial visit.

I had it in my hand when I met with him today.... and I was fidgeting with one of his business cards in my other hand.

Here is where you can complain:

http://www.ncbar.gov/public/filing.asp

NC bar has a specific rule (Rule 1.2) that requires a lawyer to follow your instructions as to the object of the representation as long as your instructions are not fraudulent or criminal Guys like that give all of us who practice law a bad name. There are much smarter ways to steal from clients without pissing them off, and this guy needs to learn to fuck his clients without them finding out and getting up in his grill.

Kev

Nice work Dave. Hope the clown gets it right this time. Go treat yourself to a good pizza, you earned it. :)

"daveSanborn" said:
Blood pressure report - 132/78.

Dave, you should go and have a Cool Drink and a lie down.
It would be a real bugger if you chucked a hearty and carked it just as he got your charge dismissed.

OK, Dave, take the refund after he is done. remind him of the offer and take it. Then complain like a stuck pig to anyone who will listen.

Oh, notice Doctors and lawyers always "Practice" their profession. No wonder these tow professions make huge mistakes, and lawyers make it to political office more times than not.

Mel

PS. I am sure Kev is the exception to the rule! MH

I don't blame you one bit, Dave, for being PO'd. You have every right to be.

I'm still amazed, though, about this whole POJ concept, though. In California, if a cop says you did something wrong, you did exactly what he said, no matter how impossible it is.

There's no getting out of ANYTHING, traffic-wise, in California. When I showed the facts to the "magistrate" (yes, they don't even bother using real judges in traffic court) that it would have been physically impossible for a cop to have clocked me (he had no radar gun) twice in the same mile, and gave me 2 tickets in the same mile or speeding, the magistrate's answer was, "I have listened to both sides of the story, and I agree that it makes no sense. He's been a police officer for a long time, though, so you are guilty on both accounts".

Traffic court in California is a complete and total scam, and a huge source of revenue for the state.

You're just bitter John.....

You know when I was an administrative hearing officer, I had to hear my fair share of lame excuses saying "it was impossible to do that" and I didn't start it and such. All guilty!

I would send the guy out and shout to my officer to send the next guilty one in....

Same as traffic court. Been there on both side done that. Only difference is when I was on the defendant end, I made sure that the hearing was after work and I wore my Class A uniform, now the magistrate had two cops to listen to.

Sorry you are bitter john, maybe you should take a drive in Scary down to Citrus Heights and do some burnout....

Hehehehe

Mel

Back