1. Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

My E-Coupe'ish plans...

Discussion in 'All about the E cars' started by johnpsz, Apr 24, 2018.

1. Horseplay

Horseplay I Don't Care. Do you?

Knowing you have always been much more active over on VMF I find this pretty funny. Reasonably competent covers few and far between in that neighborhood was my experience there so long ago. One of the main reasons most of the guys here avoid it.

2. GypsyR

GypsyR just some guy

I frequent about a dozen forums, each has its quirks. I'm not real big on assuming people I don't know are stupid. I try to keep in mind a saying credited to Bill Nye,
    "Everyone you will ever meet knows something you don't." I originally started hanging out on forums to LEARN. I have stayed because I am still learning and you never know who might provide you with a gem of something well worth knowing. So I like to get around a bit.

johnpsz likes this.
  3. johnpsz

johnpsz Member

Nothing wrong with that approach...

4. Horseplay

Horseplay I Don't Care. Do you?

Can't argue with that sentiment but I hardly think anything I wrote earlier implied anyone was stupid. It was an attempt at an experienced based reality check for a new guy who was measuring bumper spacing in one post and talking of building a state-of-the-art restomod the next.

5. msell66

msell66 Burning Fossil Fuels Donator

We are and it is!

Fair warning though, we will also threadjack the shit out of most anything while at the same time adding great info.

RapidRabbit and johnpsz like this.
  6. johnpsz

johnpsz Member

If I worried about that, the hijacking, I wouldn't join forums, lol...

7. tarafied1

tarafied1 Well-Known Member

what a dumb idea! a 67 Coupe with Eleanor stuff... what are you thinking???
    IMG_4296.jpg

johnpsz likes this.
  8. tarafied1

I actually got the top half of a prototype nose because I didn't like the lights added in the headlight buckets and I also wanted to use the 67 Shelby grille.
    Broken nose after.jpg

9. johnpsz

johnpsz Member

So what lower nose / bumper section did you go with? Oh and your car rocks, my plans at this point are a little different, but I hope the turn out as good as yours.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

10. tarafied1

thanks! My plans date back more than 30 years. I always loved the 68 Shelby but I had a 67 coupe as my first car in 1981 so I had visions of making a Green Hornet "tribute" or clone or whatever people call them. I had acquired a Cougar that was broke nearly in half and did the taillights and bought a CS or Shelby vert deck lid for it way back in the early 90's. I was in the process of collecting the 68 front-end when the remake of Gone in 60 seconds came out. I fell in love with Eleanor instantly. So my plans changed. But I didn't want a Eleanor replica as you can see. I still incorporated some Shelby into it.
    Anyway, I (this is probably more detail than you wanted to know!) I looked at the CVS kit when it came out but you had to buy the whole kit. I started buying stuff from a company called Rebel Mustang because they sold stuff individually. However, the fit was horrible. in 2004ish Maier Racing offered a kit and started selling parts individually. I sold all the Rebel stuff on eBay and bought Maier Racing. The car originally had the Eleanor upper nose from them too but I didn't like it. So I had stopped by to talk to Rich at his shop a few times and was actually building another car. I bought a few parts from him for it and told him about my feelings and he offered me a prototype nose for my plans. So long story short, the upper is MTF and the lower is a modified Maier Racing. I didn't want the running lights in the lower opening so I had to fill the pockets molded in for them. HPIM0582.JPG HPIM0579.JPG July06 045.jpg July06 044.jpg
    Picture 080.jpg

11. Fst Blk

Fst Blk Well-Known Member

Last pic Craig has hair lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RapidRabbit and msell66 like this.
  12. tarafied1

lol, it's an old pic!