• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

My new car!

Dne'

Hi everyone! Years ago, I had a friend in High school that had a black 2dr, '57chevy and I've always wanted one! Though this one is a 4dr, it's still very neat! We bought it here in Houston, it was on craigslist :wor and was being advertised for 18k, but we got it for 15k. Not a steal, but a decent deal I feel! It has a 350motor(no headers thank goodness) with a 700 automatic tranny. The manual brakes have to be upgraded for sure! But I can drive this right now! :mj I can't believe how solid it is going down the road! The exhaust is dual exhaust with glasspacks ran out the back, sounds ok, but I want new exhaust that's not so loud. So, I have two classics now!!
dne'

57chevy.jpg

achevy2.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Congrats Dne. It looks like a classy ride.

I can't believe how solid it is going down the road!

What's really neat is these old cars will pretty much run anything over w/o incident..... stray shopping carts, dogs/cats, telephone poles, etc., etc...... it's almost like a driving a WWII tank down the street. Have fun with it!

I'm so happy that ya'll approved!
Anyway, as with any "old" car~ they need work! The guy I bought it from before I even saw it in person, insisted it was a "10"! Perfect! he said. Of course you and I know better of what a real 10 would be! The interior is said to be original(sorry for really no photo of it), but it's all pretty nice if it is actually 50+years old!
Someone had done some master cylinder work, but the car is really scary to try and stop! I'll be ordering the front disc/power booster setup soon(still shopping).
The ac, he said is factory, and heck, I don't know! I know they didn't use sanden ac compressors then, and its factory servicing connections are for R12. but it doesn't work, but blows and the compressor does come on, but doesn't blow cold air. It will be fixed!
The fuel gauge reads Full all the time and the gas tank has a large upwark "bonk" on it. I was/am going to have the tank replaced(I'm letting someone else tackle that nasty job).
IT has, argh, I'm babystting my granddaughter, brb!

photoa.jpg

57engine.jpg

57engined.jpg

achevy3.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
"cmayna" said:
Very nice. My daughter would kill for a 57 Bel Air.

Let's all chip in and give a 57 to Craig and then wait for the news :burn

"silverblueBP" said:
Let's all chip in and give a 57 to Craig and then wait for the news :burn
I already have one, not this nice of course!
picture033at.jpg

I traded some Stang parts for it, still sitting in the feild.
Anyway, Nice ride DNE!!!!

I already have one, not this nice of course!

I know of a guy named Nick that could (purportedly) have that car ready to deliver to an overseas buyer NLT 20 December 2009. He works REALLY FAST!

That time frame would only work if he could get enough Great Stuff to fill and smooth the dents in the roof....but if you talk to his wife....

"AzPete" said:
That time frame would only work if he could get enough Great Stuff to fill and smooth the dents in the roof....but if you talk to his wife....
:rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl

Just for fun I sent the picture of Craig's "still in the field" '57 to my buddy Nick and specifically asked him about the dented roof.

All is GOOD! Nick said there is no dent in the roof.

"daveSanborn" said:
Just for fun I sent the picture of Craig's "still in the field" '57 to my buddy Nick and specifically asked him about the dented roof.

All is GOOD! Nick said there is no dent in the roof.
And he offered to put the headliner and glass in the 57 tomorrow night after he's done sticking more self adhesive 3M foam in all the body seams of Sleazanor. Then we can paint it by Friday.

"tarafied1" said:
And he offered to put the headliner and glass in the 57 tomorrow night after he's done sticking more self adhesive 3M foam in all the body seams of Sleazanor. Then we can paint it by Friday.

Sweet, car show by Sunday, new owners garage by Tuesday, what ya'll gonna do with the $109K?

Nick tells me he's going to buy his wife a house and have a carport installed in the driveway for all of his future projects..... and use the rest to buy an extension cord and a droplight so he can work at night w/o the aide of a flashlight.

Back