• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

My new car!

"daveSanborn" said:
Dne',

Be careful with inspecting the car too carefully. It's a pretty car that is fun to drive! ..... okay, aside from the old non-power drum brakes.

Why ruin that feeling with close scrutinization?

There are times when I wish I was "car ignorant" and just drove and enjoyed cars. Instead, I (we all) look at every minor unacceptable detail and develop a plan to correct it. Oftentimes we work ourselves into the notion that because the car isn't "perfect", we can't enjoy it.

For instance, instead of replacing the gas tank/sending unit.... just top the tank off every 100 or so miles.

Once you start down the "I need to fix this" road, it's difficult to get off of it.

Very wise words.

As a side note, if you decide the '57 isn't perfect you can always drop it off at my house....I'd baby sit it for you since it looks good enough to me. I am conveniently located on your way to Lake Conroe, :rofl

"RustyRed" said:
As a side note, if you decide the '57 isn't perfect you can always drop it off at my house....I'd baby sit it for you since it looks good enough to me. I am conveniently located on your way to Lake Conroe, :rofl

Bad idea. You can't even get your own car fixed. You'd likely get behind the wheel and the car would explode.

Bring it by my house instead! It might not be on the way to the lake house, but it's on the way to somebodies beach house.

Again, sweet ride Dne'!!!

"daveSanborn" said:
Bad idea. You can't even get your own car fixed. You'd likely get behind the wheel and the car would explode.

:rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl probably with the luck I've been having....

Let me care for it. I can travel the country with it and let everyone on here get a drive, even returning it "home" once in a while....

"AzPete" said:
Let me care for it. I can travel the country with it and let everyone on here get a drive, even returning it "home" once in a while....

How are you gonna tow it, its an automatic....

For that, I would be forced to keep the trailer. Ya make some sacrifices at times.....plus I would be camping at everyones house. That means no RV park problems. Always gotta be planin....

Leaving it alone crossed my mind!

Leaving it alone did cross my mind! I have a disease called :"Upgrading Modification Syndrome" exacerbated by fellow Stangfix Members! :yikes I promise to ONLY repair the gas tank, brakes and oil leaks! :pep oh, and radio, and that's all! :bike and simple things like oil change/tranny service :boo :dumas

Touche'! I just wanted a classic to drive now! My mustang will need work for a long time, but the chevy will be ready quickly and I can go to meets, get togethers, and socialize to some degree, or just drive it on a nice sunny day. I'm not a very good socializer anyway, just prefer driving it around and looking cool! I like to see people as they pass by smiling, and an occasional stop to get a coke and people just come up and ask questions about the old car! Besides, the Mustang is a long term project~ gives me something to do and something to think about and something to talk about on Stangfix! :gs

"RustyRed" said:
Well...I'd at least leave it along until you get the Mustang done... :rofl

I can relate...I am missing my Mustang because while it's been off the road for three weeks now I obviously haven't been taking it to any Saturday night get togethers with the car club, etc.

I may take my Explorer and go this Saturday just to catch up with friends.

Cruising is fun also...you get a lot of thumbs ups and other comments.

Back