• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

My son's first car show(dialup warning)

AtlantaSteve

The first Sunday of every month, there's a GREAT car show near Atlanta called "Caffeine and Octane." It's a completely disorganized impromptu show. Any and every car is welcome, and there are no prizes, no judges, no fees, no rules.

It happens in the parking lot of a shopping center, in the early hours before the stores open...The show has to disband before the shows open. There are some amazing cars that show up...but there are also some that are...well, less than amazing...and that's the fun...there is guaranteed to be something there for everyone. It's great. It's not about Chevy vs. Ford. vs. Import Ricers vs. Off Roaders...it's about cars. Just cars. Any if you've got one you like, come show up and hang out and let people look!

Yesterday, my son Nate(2 years old) and I woke up and ran over there to check out some of the cars. There were some great cars, and I grabbed a few pictures of Nate enjoying them.

167_03_08_09_2_14_36_3.jpg
167_03_08_09_2_14_35_2.jpg
167_03_08_09_2_14_34_1.jpg

167_03_08_09_2_14_34_0.jpg
167_03_08_09_2_11_48_4.jpg
167_03_08_09_2_11_47_3.jpg

167_03_08_09_2_11_46_2.jpg
167_03_08_09_2_11_45_1.jpg
167_03_08_09_2_11_45_0.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
"lethal289" said:
Awesome Steve, break him in right. Before you know it, he can help spin some wrenches.

I tell you I can't WAIT for the day. I was out this weekend cleaning up a little on my floor pans, mostly priming and then seam-sealing, and he was out there with me trying to help me by handing me tools, and he carried around a wrench for a while asking me if I needed it. He was also excited to help me by shaking the rattle cans of primer I had. I of course had to finish them up, but he did a great job starting the shaking :)

I hope to start a full resto around the time he's 10 or so. I can't think of much that'd be more fun.

Steve

That picture in front of the Cobra is an instant heirloom! Star Wars, sippy cup and a Cobra.

if only this one was infront of the mustang. But hey, the kid must no chicks dig pink!

167_03_08_09_2_11_45_1.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
The mustang pic was the first pic of the day, followed immediately by the cobra and were totally unposed...he just was naturally smiling for the camera. The pink chevy was posed as I told him to give me a thumbs-up. For some reason he loved that chevy most. I think because it was big and bright. And he also called it purple.

He was also a huge fan of the hornet that he unprompted identified as a hudson because he's seen the movie Cars 100 times. A nice passer by offered to take our pic together on that one.

But by far I agree the cobra is the best pic of the bunch.

He seems to be annoyed in the Ferrari pic, either that or he really had to "go" :rofl

Last pic of the day...he'd pretty much had enough :)

But I wanted to get the picture because he loves the little figurine from the movie Cars he has, Michael Schumacher Ferrari. In the movie Schumacher is a hardtop, but close enough.

But yeah there were a few "I want to go home"s by that point :rofl

Awesome pics Steve! Cherish the moment.

"AtlantaSteve" said:
He was also a huge fan of the hornet that he unprompted identified as a hudson because he's seen the movie Cars 100 times. A nice passer by offered to take our pic together on that one.

And will the pain never stop.... :boohoo

Sorry dude.

I considered your emotions for a second and thought about leaving out the Hudson, then remembered I'm not a fruit.

That's Awesome!

It is great to get them to start helping and get them interested early.

My boys are 8 now and helped me when I had my front end torn all apart to replace some of the sheet metal. One Sunday afternoon they helped me wash the back side of the fenders and paint them. They love to have any chance to spray paint things.

When I put in my new fender apron one of them helped me drill the holes in the new metal to put the piece back on that covers the outside of the shock. I kept a hand on the drill for obvious reasons but he was holding it and squeezing the trigger and you would've thought he was king of the world.

When they get about 12 to 14 I want to find a fixer upper to start on with them so it will be ready for them to drive by the time they hit 16....well that is assuming NObama and company haven't crushed all the fixer uppers by then.

Back