• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Narrowing the New Car Selection Down

Midlife

Staff member
Donator
"Fast68back" said:
Mid rolling around FL in a loser cruiser with leather seats.....Nice

Well, I got blue hair, kinda old, slow, and walk with a cane...sounds good to me!

Midlife

Staff member
Donator
OK...to re-iterate: No GM, Chrysler, or Toyota, according to SWMBO. Rear entry must be at least 34" high, 33" wide. Room enough for 4 cat carriers plus litter, food, and luggage. Must have good working A/C (can't let the animals suffer). Leather seats highly preferred.

The Sedona has two-zone A/C (a big plus), very good access from the sides and rear. A station wagon won't work. I'll try to convince her that we can re-upholster the seats in leather a whole lot cheaper than the $8k premium to get them from the dealer. Or...maybe we should consider a lightly used vehicle.

Gigantopithecus

Mercedes Benz, plenty of room.
Mercedes_Mercedes%20Truck.jpg

AzPete

By not ordering leather, you would only have to get the front two done in after market leather.

My BIL in Tucson has the Sedona. As you said, nothing special about them. He got his based on price. Has had a few minor problems but not much more than any new car. I personally do not care for them but.....I don't have to deal with it either.

I still think the Trans Connect would be the best deal for the money at what you use it for. Purchase, leather after market, and finishing the rear would still leave Mustang money..... but again....I don't have to use it.

Midlife

Staff member
Donator
"AzPete" said:
By not ordering leather, you would only have to get the front two done in after market leather.

My BIL in Tucson has the Sedona. As you said, nothing special about them. He got his based on price. Has had a few minor problems but not much more than any new car. I personally do not care for them but.....I don't have to deal with it either.

I still think the Trans Connect would be the best deal for the money at what you use it for. Purchase, leather after market, and finishing the rear would still leave Mustang money..... but again....I don't have to use it.

I absolutely agree with you, Pete. Deb doesn't like the exterior at all; keeps on saying we'll need to get signs for the sides. She loves the interior, though. Mileage is higher than the Sedona (22 vs. 15 city). The exterior is one that you either love it or hate it...

AzPete

Has she seen the colors..... The red one I saw did not look near as bad as the white ones.

n_pieces

I have a Great Dane and a Dachshund that I haul around in my Explorer. It's got the 3rd row seat, so the seats just lay down and the dogs hop in.
I dont want it anymore tho... I'm looking at F250's. Good luck finding something she likes. Did you check out the Expedition ELs?? They have no get up and go and are hard to park, but plenty of interior room.

Midlife

Staff member
Donator
Update:
I managed to convince SWMBO that the $10k premium to get the leather seats (along with moon roof, electric sliding doors, and a whole bunch of doo-dads) wasn't worth it, and for $1500, we could get the existing seats recovered. Then, I had the brilliant idea of finding a set of leather seats from a junkyard of a 2008-2010 Sedona for probably the same price.

She gave a big thumbs up to those ideas!