• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Need Advice on Buying A Music Keyboard

Laurie S.

Staff member
I'm starting to research buying a keyboard because I've always wanted to play one. My fiance and I have been working on some duets, and this would be a fun addition. I'm never going to play my guitar again since I can't bring myself to cut my fingernails down to what is needed, and you can't sing and play a clarinet. Besides, he's a former professional musician and he handles the guitar.

I'd like a good one and one that is transportable because I would be hauling it between Tucson and Mexico. He hasn't bought one in years and isn't up on what is available now, so I'm looking for some input.

I work with a guy who played keyboard with Buddy Guy, Lonnie Brooks, 38 special, he played keyboard for B.B. Kings 80th birthday party,--also many others, he is thinking about going back on the road this spring with Steve Miller Band for a 60 night tour. I just hollered at him for advice and he said Yamaha electric piano was a good portable unit for around $400. bucks, they have a built in speaker--he said the next level Yamaha was also good, I know nothing about these but I have heard this guy play and he is incredible!

Back