• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Need pics & or parts list for 68 steering column guts in collar area

1965GTFB

Putting a 68 fixed column together that was from a donor and minus a few parts when I started. Have the 2 collar pieces, square headed bolts that hold collar to tube, 2 screws the hole top and bottom collar together, 3 screws that hold turn signal switch, bearing and rubber piece that goes around bearing, and snap ring on top and bottom of bearing.
What else should there be, especially to hold the bearing in it's pocket so the shaft can not pull out of the top at all?
Installing a TCP rack which requires using their lower shaft combined with the original upper shaft to retain the collapsiblity. Without some thing to retain the bearing in the pocket it seems like the upper shaft will jsut pull right out of the lower shaft if the steering wheel is pulled up. Already called TCP, they tried to help but did not have info on what would have originally been the column.

I think you have everything. I have taken apart a few 68 and 69 columns. I don't think there is anything else. I have a 68 tube with a 67 collar on my 67. photo (10).jpg photo (15).jpg photo (16).jpg photo (17).jpg photo (18).jpg photo (20).jpg photo (22).jpg Picture 008.jpg Picture 020.jpg

Back