• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Need to vent

Sounds great.......but really, are you just grooming a new mechanic/body man for when you get old........lol

Seems everything is falling into place. Prayers work. So what car are you going to have him work on after hours?

Ryan, believe it or not my son was doing a similar thing up North. He had made friends with a few guys at a performance shop and hung around there and helped out. It was actually his idea to go talk to the Rod Shop owner.
John,
Right now he has a 1992 T-Bird that my parents bought new, gave to me and then I gave him. It has several hundred thousand miles and needs some rust repair. He may get something else later but for now he will probably work on the Bird.

Getting him working whether paid or not is a good thing...idle hands are the devil's workshop. If he's learning trade skills that's a bonus also.

Now you need to work on getting the GF a job of some sort or in school.

BTW, it's your house....one thing I would do is sit them down and basically tell them it's your way or the highway and here's a list of things you expect from them. If they're living under your roof they have to respect your rules.

"RustyRed" said:
Getting him working whether paid or not is a good thing...idle hands are the devil's workshop. If he's learning trade skills that's a bonus also.

Now you need to work on getting the GF a job of some sort or in school.

BTW, it's your house....one thing I would do is sit them down and basically tell them it's your way or the highway and here's a list of things you expect from them. If they're living under your roof they have to respect your rules.

With interest I followed up this topic.
Great news Craig.Must be a huge weight fallen of your shoulders.
What RustyRed said/wrote is something I would say too if I were in your position/situation.

I appreciate all the support and comments. I think if it was just my son it would be so much easier. She is willing to work but hasn't found anything yet. She has a couple interviews. We have laid down the law too. I know it's easy to say things when your not in someones shoes. So much more here than I could type. We may be going easy on them but I think we are doing the right thing, I hope so anyway.

its awesome news craig...I sware I am going to give you a call this week..lol. I am flying up to owensboro on friday...if you see a blackhawk lol

Craig, you must do what you think is the right thing to do in your heart! I applaud you for taking this on, you are one of the good eggs here!

You are there when others need some help and always offer up good advice or a good word. Thank you for what you do. If you need any help you have my email and I think phone number, feel free to ask. If I can help, I will.

I am happy to hear things seem to be going in the right direction, we will include you in our prayers.

Mel

Thanks guys and especially you Mel for all the stuff you sent me. I think we have a pretty good group here, so many willing to help each other. It's nice to be a part of this group

Back