• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

New exhaust system on the way

Status
Not open for further replies.
This week I ordered my new exhaust system. I started out by calling Stan at Ford Powertrain Applications on Tuesday. We spoke for quite some time before settling on the right headers. They are a header he specifically mocked up and built for the 347. With my TFS heads, I had to go with the 1 5/8" primary tubes that increase to 1 3/4" within inches to the flange. The center to center stud holes on my exhaust port does not allow a 1 3/4" tube without being pinched enough to make room for the bolts. He also said the 1 3/4" primary tube headers use the same flange as the 1 5/8". I can also hog the flanges out to match my ports if need be. He asked all the questions before making his recommendations. I also purchased a power steering drop bracket just in case. The headers come with all the gaskets and bolts.

Yesterday I called summit and ordered my mufflers. I decided to go with the Dynatch split flow race mufflers. They are a 3" straight through muffler.
http://store.summitracing.com/egnsearch.asp?Ntt=+DTC-76-006302&x=27&y=4&searchinresults=false&Ntk=KeywordSearch&DDS=1&N=700+115

I also purchased a H pipe crossover.
http://store.summitracing.com/partdetail.asp?autofilter=1&part=SUM-642030&N=700+0&autoview=sku

I am tired of being screwed by so called muffler guys who do shotty work so I will be mocking my own exhaust system up and probably have some guys at work weld it up. It will be simple. Out of the headers to the H pipe and into the mufflers before exiting out in front of the rear tires. This mutha is going to be loud!

Why 3". That is a damn big pipe for your car and engine.

I can launch at any RPM that I wish.

Can you launch at 400 RPM?

LMAO.... I know what you mean, just screwing with you.

The exhaust system looks like it's going to work out real nice Mike. Give us an audio clip once it's all said and done!!!! I want to HEAR those muflers/pipes!!!!!

You got me Dave :p. I should have siad that a little differently. I won't be going anywhere until I make a gasket for my nose drive. I don't know how in the heck it blew out but it did. I can say one thing for sure, I've never had an engine that was so hard on gaskets. Maybe it's high RPMs she likes ;D

wow do they make that supercharger for the 351C. That looks sweet.

I got my headers last week. I took them down to get ceramic coated and should have them next week. I wish I had taken some pics before. They look awesome and are very heavy duty. When I get them back I will snap a few photos.

It's the long donkey dick that stick

and whats a donkey dick.

I got my headers back from the guy who ceramic coated them. They are 2 1/2 weeks late. I will have them on this weekend, unless my problems are worse than a head gasket. I won't know until I tear into it.

[attachment deleted by admin]

After looking at that last donkey pic, I think Mr. Ed got a little jealous, so he's going to clean shop instead. But yes what's with all them holes? A universal type of mounting plate?

MrEd_lg.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back