• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

New Fiero Seats!!!

After a ton of research, I decided that because of size and height, that the seats out of a Fiero were pretty much the best option for an "aftermarket" seat. Fortunately, there's a guy down in Florida that makes custom seat covers for Fiero seats. (www.mrmikes.com).

So about 6 months ago, I picked up a pair of Fiero seats in pretty good shape for $100 off of Craigslist. A couple months ago I sent the seats to Mike since he said that he could match the pattern, color and grain of the 65 pearl white... well turns out that none of his fabric options worked and I ended up participating in a three week nightmare with Mustang's Unlimited attempting to get a few yards of matching fabric. With that done, MrMike did his magic and I got the covers few weeks ago. The "kit" the he provides includes video instructions and all the tools that you need to install the covers. And even though it's my first time attempting anything upholstery related.. I don't think they turned out half bad. Each cover took a little over two hours per seat but that included cutting 4pt harness holes in the seats (MrMike has that as an option).

I'll be modifying the Fiero seat tracks for installation... I've got some z-brackets made to weld to bottom of the Fiero tracks so it will fit the Mustang floor pan. I'll be posting that thread when I get closer to installing the seats.

What do you think?

2010-12-22_-_1965_Mustang_Front_Seats_016.jpg

-shannon

Last edited by a moderator:
"stangg" said:
They look nice... What color are you going with on the exterior paint?

Thanks!

The original colors were Caspian blue for the exterior and the interior is white with blue carpet. The exterior is still Caspian Blue (not original paint) and I plan to keep that color. The interior will stay the same except the blue carpet will be replaced with black.

This is what it looked like when I towed her home:

The wheels will be changed to Vintage Wheel Works V-48's and it'll be lowered some but otherwise not much will change on the outside.

normal_2009-08-17---65-Mustang-3~0.jpg

-Shannon

The home upholstery job isn't as difficult as most people expect and your seats came out looking great. FYI, for others looking to buy matching upholstery fabric for custom seat covers, skip the middleman (Mustangs Unlimited or any other parts vendor) and deal directly with TMI.

What do you think?

Does all of your work in the bedroom turn out this nice? LOL.

I like them too! FYI, don't add any bracketry that will raise the height. The Fiero seats already sit a little too high. I was able to use the factory holes in the front to bolt mine down. I also switched the arrangement of the seats with the advice of MrMike. The plastic seat levers will break off after time when getting in and out of the car.
fieroseats001.jpg

fieroseats009.jpg

fieroseats010.jpg

fieroseats007.jpg

grass012.jpg

Mike,

You're doing exactly what I'm doing. Although I think my brackets are a bit shorter.

As a matter of fact, I think I got my idea for the Z brackets from you in a previous post somewhere.

-Shannon

Glad I could help. If I were to do it all over again I would have replaced both front and rear brackets with something shallower. Those are speakers in the head rests. Don't ask how they sound because I don't have a system yet. I upgraded to a much better speaker. The factory units are junk.

I have a set, ready to recover.
I was waiting to get a steerwheel and column back in to see about height

Any ideas on lowering bracket?

Back