• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

New guy with 66 fastback

Been around here for awhile, feel like its about time I start posting!

Hi my name is Eric and this is my 66 2+2 fastback. I'm a full time college student studying engineering and business but I still try my best to wrench on my car when I get the chance to. This fastback was my first car believe it or not. I've done a lot of work to it and its come a long way from what I started with. It's a never ending project and I enjoy it.

I really like checking out all of the projects on this forum, really awesome stuff. I hope you don't mind me sharing my humble fastback! I'll work on posting some before/after/progress pictures of what I've done.

xfqa02.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Since you have been here for a while and not posted.......you must pass your completed car around to the Stangfix members......by member number......

Nice car. Welcome.

Dang it Pete by the time it gets to me it will be hammered.

It is hard for me to tell the color on my phone can you tell me the paint code. ED might end up dark blue.

Mel

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

Thanks guys! I'll do my best to post up more pictures, everyone loves pictures.

"abrahamfh" said:
Welcome Eric, sweet ride. Love the color an stance. Any suspension details you can share with us?

Yes quiet a few. The short answer is that I replicated the Gt350 specs for the suspension. I started a build thread and I'll list all the details there.

Welcome aboard Eric, from one 66 2+2 brother to another :thu

Quality pictures are required unless you live on 8 miles of gravel. In that instance, cheap pics of a dirty car will suffice.

IE:

778453203_photobucket_50797_.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Mark,
I live on a mile long gravel driveway, so a dirty car is usually the norm!
Great looking car, nice stance! Do you have a thread with the specs to your 2+2?

Mark, I was going to ask how far in the gravel you were....I am 3 miles if I go North and 1.5 South. My car is always dirty. Even some pretty large paint chips on the 67 due to the roads.

Mel

PS. Until Mark can get some proof his car runs and drives, don't beleive him... :sarc Mel

Welcome to the fix, nice looking ride. Post some more pics when you get the chance.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

"silverblueBP" said:
Welcome aboard Eric, from one 66 2+2 brother to another :thu

humph . . . Mark you never called me a brother. :nut

Eric, welcome. And yes, you can never have too many 66 fastbacks!

"Jack1966" said:
humph . . . Mark you never called me a brother. :nut

Eric, welcome. And yes, you can never have too many 66 fastbacks!

No need to get jealous, plenty of ear for everyone.....I mean love for everyone.

Jack, you're my brother from a left leaning other mother.

How's that?

:beer

"guruatbol" said:
Mark, I was going to ask how far in the gravel you were....

3 miles of gravel South to a chip rock road. That goes for another 3 miles to a "real" road. 8 miles to the North before I hit asphalt! The big problem is that it's not "road gravel". They find the nearest creek and use that crap, which we refer to as "road boulders" There are no small, smooth rocks, it's all large jagged stuff that blows out sidewalls! I keep the local tire store in business all by myself :wth

It the price I pay for living in the sticks.

"70 StangMan" said:
Me neither :nut......maybe it's getting to the disowning stage. :shrug

That's B.S.

Although, do you expect any respect after what you started?

Hmmm?

"silverblueBP" said:
That's B.S.

Although, do you expect any respect after what you started?

Hmmm?
Me ? started ?? I have NO idea of what you speak of. :shrug Too many exhaust fumes maybe ??

Back