• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

New meaning for the initials....

AzPete

.....CS commonly known as California Special. Last night, while idling thru a parade, several groups of young guys....mid to late 20's....were bragging on how much they knew about our CS....or California Shelby. They were spouting off on how special it was and vary rare. At one group, as they were talking, I commented it is a California Special.....not a Shelby. One guy said I don't even know what I drive. We had a good laugh.......

A while back I was cruising in of my tanks through my home town of Pacific Grove Calif.
As I pulled up to a stop sign, two high school kids were standing there with their skate board's, one of them said " Hey, cool car, what kind of car is that "?

I said " it's a 63 Galaxie ".

The other one asked " is that a Ford or a Chevy " ?

I just drove away.

When I was in HS I could pick out almost every car by the tail lights. I even had car trading cards. They came just like baseball cards with bubblegum and all. There was just about every car you could think of on those things. We used to trade them like baseball cards.

Kids these days.....

Mel

Try being a girl with a classic car. People refuse to believe I know things about my car. I may not know as much as some guys know, but I know what my car is. I had one guy swear up and down that Gert was a GT. Uh no. I explained the wheels have a GT cap on them, and those wheels were not original to the car. I even explained that the VIN even says Gert was NOT a GT but he still didn't believe me. :shrug

Same day I got Gert, on the long drive home... at a gas station some guy (with an auto mechanic shirt on) saw/heard Gert pull in and had to check her out and asked about the engine specs. We told him. He said 302's didn't come in the '66 and it wouldn't fit. It has to have a 289 in it. Can't be a 302 blah blah blah.

"Kats66Pny" said:
Try being a girl with a classic car. People refuse to believe I know things about my car. I may not know as much as some guys know, but I know what my car is. I had one guy swear up and down that Gert was a GT. Uh no. I explained the wheels have a GT cap on them, and those wheels were not original to the car. I even explained that the VIN even says Gert was NOT a GT but he still didn't believe me. :shrug

Same day I got Gert, on the long drive home... at a gas station some guy (with an auto mechanic shirt on) saw/heard Gert pull in and had to check her out and asked about the engine specs. We told him. He said 302's didn't come in the '66 and it wouldn't fit. It has to have a 289 in it. Can't be a 302 blah blah blah.

Should have sold it to the GT guy for way more than you have into her....hehehehe

Mel

Y'all just remember you can't fix Stupid! Guy across the street from me came over about a week ago while I was washing the car and ask when i got this car. I told him and then he went off telling me about how fast his son's POS convertible 94 6 CYL was. After his brag session he ask if my car had a V8 or a V6. :shrug Like I said you can't Fix Stupid!!

"Opentracker" said:
The other one asked " is that a Ford or a Chevy " ?

I just drove away.

You know you're getting old when a young fella interrupts you to ask "what's a carburetor?"

True story :nut

"guruatbol" said:
When I was in HS I could pick out almost every car by the tail lights. Mel

This was easy when I was in HS; Henry only made one car, in one color...

I was in a parade while still in Oregon. Afterwards, a guy came up and tried to convince me my 66 was an R model. He told me that the open rear window ONLY came on the R models.

He was partially right.

I was at the 40th Mustang Anniversary show in Nashville wrenching on Trouble (putting the a/c belt on to make it look good) and an older guy and his wife walked up. I'm standing there with this big ol' wrench in my hand and he asked where my husband was. I said I wasn't married. Then he asked where my boyfriend was. I said I was available. He huffed and walked away. He obviously had questions about the car but wasn't going to ask a female because I obviously wouldn't know anything about the car. Grrrrrrr......

"silverblueBP" said:
I was in a parade while still in Oregon.
PFPV05P05_05.jpg

He was right.

Back