1. Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

New member from Texas Hill Country

Discussion in 'NewB Introductions' started by Fair Oaks Mustang, Nov 7, 2017.

1. Fair Oaks Mustang

Fair Oaks Mustang New Member

Just learned about this forum from Kelly_H on Saturday. My mustang was my first car that I restored with my dad in 1988 and 1989. After high school the car sat in storage for about 10 years...got it out of storage after I was in a fender bender with my daily. While I couldn't get it running quick enough to fill the immediate need, working on it has become my passion. My wife says my car is my therapy.

1966 C-code. Original c4 car. Did a T5z swap with a hydraulic clutch. Engine was rebuilt in 1989. Two years ago I installed a new top end including AFR 165's and CompCams XE268H. Few months ago replaced my stealth intake and Edelbrock carb with an RPM Air Gap and Holley XP 600. Running 3.80 Trac-Lock

Attached Files:

Last edited: Nov 8, 2017
  2. Horseplay

Horseplay Well-Known Member

Looks like a nice car and welcome to the Fix!

If I'm seeing an old "Mason jar" master cylinder (tough to be certain in that one pic) I certainly know what you next project/upgrade needs to be. ;)

Fair Oaks Mustang likes this.
  3. Fair Oaks Mustang

Actually, already replaced. Did that this summer when replacing front calipers and pads. Good eye!

4. RapidRabbit

RapidRabbit Well-Known Member

Great looking car. Father son projects are awesome.

Welcome to the fix.

5. Midlife

Midlife Well-Known Member Staff Member Moderator

Welcome to the Fix. Whatever isn't broken, we can fix it! And we do like spending your money for you...tee hee!

6. Fair Oaks Mustang

Looking at your signature reminds me of a recent project on my car. First let me say that I do not understand electrical and don't seem to be able to grasp any concepts.

When installing a new stereo receiver in my glove box, I was looking for a hot wire to connect to the radio. There was a random wire just hanging there...hooked to nothing. Sure enough, it was hot. Served my need, but looking back, that thing must have been hanging loose for a minimum of 29 years.

7. Midlife

Midlife Well-Known Member Staff Member Moderator

Ha! You don't know how close you were to having a fire for these last 29 years!

8. 70 StangMan

70 StangMan Well-Known Member Donator

Nice ride....Welcome aboard.

9. Grabber70Mach

Grabber70Mach Well-Known Member

Nice looking ride, glad to hear you got it back out and are enjoying it.

10. msell66

msell66 Burning Fossil Fuels Donator

Finally, another fine 2+2! Get'n tired of seeing all these plain jane, run of the mill Coupes around here..

Welcome aboard!

11. janschutz

janschutz Corn Hauler

Welcome. We need a Texas get together someday!

12. Fair Oaks Mustang

Definitely...we just did a Hill Country Cruise this last Saturday. Had about 15 cars. I know at least a couple on the drive are members here. Where are you located?

13. janschutz

janschutz Corn Hauler

North of Dallas and I have my retirement land just North East of Tyler.

14. tarafied1

tarafied1 Well-Known Member

welcome, nice build and love the history. thanks for sharing