• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

NEW MOTOR

eZ65

http://www.tandlengines.com/ford_sb_347_A_2.html

What do you all think of this motor? They are going to build basically this exact motor but with my afr 185's, comp mag roller rockers(1.6 7/16), and air gap intake. Was going to put a holly 750 but they are going to put on a Custom built Holley 650 HO carburetor by AED. built specifically for this application. I am going to ship them all my parts including my msd wires etc. They will build entire motor and dyno tune so that what i will be receiving in return is basically a turnkey motor. I am going to go with thier custom cam since it seems like quite the torque monster and very streetable.

my total cost including shipping and crate fee will be 3700. Im selling my motor to someone for 1500 so my net cost is 2200. About the same cost as buying a shortblock.

Have you done your homework on T&L?
I e-mailed a guy on the pro touring website when he mentioned T&L was building his engine. Here is my note and his reply in quotes:

I was checking out your build and your car is very impressive. I noticed that T&L built your stroker and was hoping to get your opinion of the experience you had using them. I have considered them for my stroker build. Any good or bad issues with them? Any advice you could provide would be great.

Rick,
Thanks for the compliment. My experience with them was pretty miserable honestly. I am impressed with the parts used, dyno, and engine specs. They were like 11 weeks late finishing the engine, then it sat on the dock for 2 weeks before it shipped. I had to report them to the BBB to get my refund owed. I haven't ran it because my car is not done so I don't know about leaks and drivability. I researched them and could only find that they were slow. His daughter which runs the office went of maternity leave so I think that was the main issue with the credit and no returned calls. If you can find a builder close to home and can actually pay a visit it would be better in my opinion. Good luck!

I've talked to a couple people who've run T&L engines and they've seemed happy with them. That's certainly a killer price, much less than what I built my 331 for=/

ill talk to them about time concerns...not that im in a hurry.

If they're putting out a quality product... at a great price..... you can bet that they're slow/behind on their orders. If you want quality with a quick turnaround time, you usually pay more for this. As with most everything else, you usually can't have it both ways. As long as you plan up front that it will take 3 months, what's the problem? It's almost Winter time and there are probably plenty of other things to keep your weekends busy while the engines being built.

I will not steal this post but I'm now in the same situation (needing to decide on an engine for Shag). My problem is I simply have no idea WTF I want. I will post my woes later.

Back