• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

New pics with left side glass in..

Sluggo

Tinted with 20% :pep
1_02_07_09_6_18_39_3.jpg

1_02_07_09_6_18_39_2.jpg

1_02_07_09_6_18_39_1.jpg

1_02_07_09_6_18_38_0.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
:toot :toot moving along nicely. Slats last month, one window this month. already :yikes Youll be done in no time

"lethal289" said:
:toot :toot moving along nicely. Slats last month, one window this month. already :yikes Youll be done in no time

I thought it was pretty good considering I put in 12 18+ hour days in a row in between.

Unfortunately, I'm liking it more every time I see it.

Approx. 8 months ago I got lost locally out in the middle of sticksville nowhere around here. While lost, I noticed a '69 nose peeking out from behind a house. While still lost and back-tracking, I stopped in as the old timer was now sitting on his front porch swing. I gave the car the once over with him still swinging away. It's a pretty solid M code requiring little if any metal work. No options to speak off, but the 69-70 sportsroofs have always looked way cool. The old timer stated he couldn't sell it because "some fella came by here and told me he'd give me $10k for the car and would be back with the money". I asked him when the guy was coming back. He said he didn't know for sure as it had been a couple years since he'd last seen him. WTF? So I asked him again and still said no; he was going to wait on the other fella. I haven't been back since, but maybe one of these days.....

"daveSanborn" said:
Unfortunately, I'm liking it more every time I see it.

Approx. 8 months ago I got lost locally out in the middle of sticksville nowhere around here. While lost, I noticed a '69 nose peeking out from behind a house. While still lost and back-tracking, I stopped in as the old timer was now sitting on his front porch swing. I gave the car the once over with him still swinging away. It's a pretty solid M code requiring little if any metal work. No options to speak off, but the 69-70 sportsroofs have always looked way cool. The old timer stated he couldn't sell it because "some fella came by here and told me he'd give me $10k for the car and would be back with the money". I asked him when the guy was coming back. He said he didn't know for sure as it had been a couple years since he'd last seen him. WTF? So I asked him again and still said no; he was going to wait on the other fella. I haven't been back since, but maybe one of these days.....
Dave, If the cars that clean, you could always just go back with 10 K, and say your hear to pick it up like you talked about. Just apologize to him for taking so long. Tell him you forgot where he lived and it took you a little time to find the place.

That looks really nice and it's something that I wanted to do to both of my cars for years and haven't got around to it.

Are the windows Sun-X or are they the clear glass to start with?

"johnpro" said:
That looks really nice and it's something that I wanted to do to both of my cars for years and haven't got around to it.

Are the windows Sun-X or are they the clear glass to start with?

It's an A/C car so they are sun-x.
The can was hit in the driver's door and quarter some time in it's past and had bolt in glass on that side. It still had the glue in glass on the right side. And of course the glue failed, got re glued and failed again.

The right front is going to be clear/tinted until I get two new sun-x ones and tint them. My vendor can save me about 100 bux on a pair if I wait for him to place a large order. So I'll wait.
The left glass is nice enough to use for a driver (which is what the car will be) but I can't seem to find a nice used sun-x bolt in for the right side. I've ordered two new ones so I won't have one nice new glass and one old one.

Looks good Sluggy. I assume the tint falls within your local police codes? Here in Calif, they are really anal about how much tint you have.

"cmayna" said:
Looks good Sluggy. I assume the tint falls within your local police codes? Here in Calif, they are really anal about how much tint you have.

It's not legal to put anything darker than 35% on the glasses adjacent to the driver (ie door glasses) I run classic auto plates which exempts me from state inspection and the ac is not hooked up yet so I'l run with the windows down on the street.

"Sluggo" said:
It's not legal to put anything darker than 35% on the glasses adjacent to the driver (ie door glasses) I run classic auto plates which exempts me from state inspection and the ac is not hooked up yet so I'l run with the windows down on the street.

Plus I'm pretty sure it violates every vintage law, not to mention man law, to drive a classic with the windows up.

Back