1. Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

New Project! 1968 Volvo P1800 "Bullwinkle"

Discussion in 'Member's Build Threads' started by 68EFIvert, Aug 1, 2011.

1. Horseplay

Horseplay I Don't Care. Do you?

Flush+ is the best look ever so slightly extended. You have to consider how it will look when sitting on its own four feet. The car will sit very low. If shaped to fit the contour of the valance the tips would fade down out of sight, I believe. It will not be aesthetically pleasing to the eye. The finish shape on the bottom lip of the valance is also not refined for this reason.

2. 68EFIvert

68EFIvert Well-Known Member

Thanks for the input.

The car sees the sun for the first time in a little over a year.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

tarafied1 and Grabber70Mach like this.
  3. Horseplay

Horseplay I Don't Care. Do you?

Sleek. All the mods came together nice. Subtle. Love the way the front has all come together.

4. Fst Blk

Fst Blk Well-Known Member

Again you have taking all the ugly out of that car and made it slick.

tarafied1 likes this.
  5. Midlife

Midlife Well-Known Member Staff Member Moderator

The car was never ugly from the factory, IMHO.

6. Fst Blk

Fst Blk Well-Known Member

To each there own I suppose. Never liked the quarter panel and quarter glass.

7. RapidRabbit

RapidRabbit Well-Known Member

Looking amazing.

I personally have always wanted one. I even kind of like the es version.

Sent from my moto x4 using Tapatalk

8. 68EFIvert

68EFIvert Well-Known Member

Thanks guys. I think the original car had great lines to start with. I hope the changes we have made enhanced the original car. So far the response has been pretty positive.

The car has way more ground clearance than I thought it would. The lowest point is the front valance. I will have to be careful with it. It is about 4” above ground. I was a little concerned about the x pipe but it looks great. The car should be about 1/4” lower than it is now.

[​IMG]

Exhaust over the axle is done. Just need to install the resonators and tips. The guys at Rhom Innovations are a little concerned about expansion of the stainless exhaust, particularly with the V band clamps. Since I have 3 sets of them they feel that the stainless can expand about 10% when under heat. We plan on bolting the tip to the can and allowing the tailpipes to expand in a slip joint at the tip. I appreciate this level of detail.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Getting pretty close to coming home. I need to make a couple adjustments to the firewall. I need to rehang the heater box, ECO and tranny controller before it goes back to the body shop.

tarafied1 likes this.
  9. Grabber70Mach

Grabber70Mach Well-Known Member

It's looking great.

If the women don't find you handsome, they should at least find you handy.