• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

New project update.

Sluggo

First things first. It's not for sale anymore.

The 302 is getting yanked out and replaced with a 351 windsor stroker of some sort.
The T5 is staying at least for the time being.

It's going Raven Black including engine bay, with 69 boss blackout treatment.

Wheels are yet to be determined.

It's gonna look kinda like dis:
mufp_0612_01z+1969_ford_mustang+front_view.jpg

"monkeystash" said:
Sweet, I like that Year One '69. Looks great with black wheels too, or maybe some like Rick's.

Yeah! Ol' Ricko's wheels would be sweet on it?

Sluggo:
I'm not familiar with all of your current projects, and it sounds like you have a number going on. Can you give a short outline of what you're working on?

"AzPete" said:
I think he decided to keep this one..http://www.stangfix.com/forum/http://localhost/stangfixp/viewtopic.php?t=1..at least that is my guess.

Actually this car belongs to a friend of mine. We were going to freshen it up for sale but upon review, the car would need to be stripped and have some weak body work redone so he decided if it was going to get that involved he would keep it and paint it the way he wanted it and shove some more ponies under the hood. He's not exactly hurtin' for cash, he was going to sell it cuz he has 9 cars. He will sell Porsche and benz instead. Good call.

Current projects are:
  • 1969 Boss 302 Calypso Coral (customer)
  • 1970 Fastback currently Grabber Yellow (customer)
  • 1969 Mach1(mine)
  • 1967 Cougar (daughter's bf)

There are a couple more pending. I'm going to start pimping myself out to doing small jobs too, trans swaps, headliners, etc.
1_09_11_08_10_42_40.jpg

1_09_11_08_8_02_38.jpg

1_09_11_08_8_02_06.jpg

No pic of Cougar yet.

And my last finished project:
1_05_08_08_3_57_58.jpg

I lost all pictures of my 71 Mach1 during the HD crash of Dec 07. I'll dig some up of that car. It scored 85 points at 2003 Lone Star Nats unfinished with no spare tire and jack.

Last edited by a moderator:
Nice projects and a nice garage facility. You stated you have customers, so either you're doing this in addition to your day job, or this is your day job. If the latter, I didn't know you were in the biz.

My day job is in the collision center biz. I have limited access to the facility. I do however get to use the booth from time to time as well as get smokin deals on supplies(not 5 finger deals either)I'm also an ASE master tech and Toyota master tech.

The customer cars are what I do after hours.

Sluggo,

Since you know Toyota's I've got a question for you. I've got a 98
4 Runner that needs a drivers side seat belt to pass state inspection. I thought this part would be easy to find/purchase but have found otherwise. Apparently the seat belt is connected to the air bag system and, if I can find one, I must buy the entire system. Got any idea where I can find a replacement belt? I have checked the local salvage yards with no luck. My only other option is the dealer, which would cost me more than the vehicle is worth in today's market.

Thanks,

Steve b.

"shbrandt" said:
Sluggo,

4 Runner that needs a drivers side seat belt to pass state inspection. I thought this part would be easy to find/purchase but have found otherwise. Apparently the seat belt is connected to the air bag system and, if I can find one, I must buy the entire system. Got any idea where I can find a replacement belt? I have checked the local salvage yards with no luck. My only other option is the dealer, which would cost me more than the vehicle is worth in today's market.

Thanks,

Steve b.
What is wrong with your belt?
What do you mean by entire system?

I don't recall off hand if 98 4runners had pretensioners. I can see what my price is on one.
The shop is right down the street from your daughter's??? house. ( you have kid in Greatwood right?)
What color is it?

"Havok1" said:
Maybe you shouldn't have post you work on Toyotas. :doh I sent him a msg ref my Camry.

It's cool. At least it's mustang people buggin me about camrys :dance

"Sluggo" said:
"shbrandt" said:
Sluggo,

Thanks,

Steve b.
What is wrong with your belt?
What do you mean by entire system?

I don't recall off hand if 98 4runners had pretensioners. I can see what my price is on one.
The shop is right down the street from your daughter's??? house. ( you have kid in Greatwood right?)
What color is it?

The belt is frayed due to 10 years of daily use. The vehicle won't pass inspection due to the wear. When I checked into replacing it, I was told it was connected to the air bag sensor and I would need to buy the relay for that as well as they come together. I had two shops tell me that, even though it makes no sense to me. Everything else works fine, just a worn seat belt. Yes, my daughter and son in law live in Houston. I found out that I will be a grandpa in June. They were without electricity for two weeks after the hurricane and guess what happened. We are going over to visit them Saturday the 22nd and leave Sunday morning. The last time we visited my son-in-law took me over to Greatwoods for a round of golf. I won't have time for golf this time, but if you can find me a replacement belt I will find time to pick it up.

Oh yea, I don't care what color the belt is. This is a work truck with almost 200,000 miles on it. It already looks pretty rough, a pink seat belt won't bother anyone.

"shbrandt" said:
Oh yea, I don't care what color the belt is. This is a work truck with almost 200,000 miles on it. It already looks pretty rough, a pink seat belt won't bother anyone.

Call me Monday when I'm back at work. Even if it has pretensioners you don't have to but anything but the belt.
You only have to replace the module if the air bags and the pretensioner deployed. Someone is full of shit.

I'll PM you my phone number.

I figured the dealer would try to charge me for everything they could get me for, so I called a shop that I have used and they told me something similar. I don't get it, all I need is a stinking seat belt.
That is why I like my 65 fastback so much. The only computer chip it has in it is the MSD ignition and the CD player. No "check engine" lights and no bells going off when you start it. Hell, it didn't even have seat belts when I bought it, I put them in!!!

If it has pretensioners it will come with the squib.

Have your vin ready when you call. If it does have pretensioners they have to be ground shipped.

explosive charges and aircraft do not mix well.

"Sluggo" said:
"AzPete" said:
I think he decided to keep this one..http://www.stangfix.com/forum/http://localhost/stangfixp/viewtopic.php?t=1..at least that is my guess.

Actually this car belongs to a friend of mine. We were going to freshen it up for sale but upon review, the car would need to be stripped and have some weak body work redone so he decided if it was going to get that involved he would keep it and paint it the way he wanted it and shove some more ponies under the hood. He's not exactly hurtin' for cash, he was going to sell it cuz he has 9 cars. He will sell Porsche and benz instead. Good call.

Current projects are:
  • 1969 Boss 302 Calypso Coral (customer)
  • 1970 Fastback currently Grabber Yellow (customer)
  • 1969 Mach1(mine)
  • 1967 Cougar (daughter's bf)

There are a couple more pending. I'm going to start pimping myself out to doing small jobs too, trans swaps, headliners, etc.
1_09_11_08_10_42_40.jpg

1_09_11_08_8_02_38.jpg

1_09_11_08_8_02_06.jpg

No pic of Cougar yet.

And my last finished project:
1_05_08_08_3_57_58.jpg

I lost all pictures of my 71 Mach1 during the HD crash of Dec 07. I'll dig some up of that car. It scored 85 points at 2003 Lone Star Nats unfinished with no spare tire and jack.

Dont forget to add my car to the list, I'll never get the damn thing done if you dont come up here and make me do it......Only thing I seem to be doing right is ordering the wrong parts.

Last edited by a moderator:
"Sluggo" said:
I'm also ...a...Toyota master tech.

I'll picture you from now on as a Maytag repairman...nothing to work on for Toyotas...right? *G*

Back