• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

New Radiator

eZ65

Put a 24'' aluminum radiator in my 65 coupe and opened the radiator support. Seems like i cannot get the car hot even if i try. But damn the rad gets hot as hell to the touch. Once I get my taurus fan installed I think i will be good to go as far as cooling goes. Im still tinkering with the aod tranny.

Anybody permenatley install a trans pressure gauge in the engine bay? Its a pain in the arse always tinkering with the tv cable.

Will 50/50 coolant be just fine in my aluminum radiator or should i use something else? Water wetter?

Will 50/50 coolant be just fine in my aluminum radiator or should i use something else? Water wetter?

I'd skip the "water wetter" unless you're having some cooling issues, which it doesn't seem you are. I suppose it wouldn't hurt, but it shouldn't be necessary.

It was exciting I took the car for the longest drive ive been on. About 5 miles...lol. Temp never even reached half way and I was not light on the gas pedal. Still shifting too early though. About 5200 at WOT. Would like to be about 5600-5800

Back