• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

New shop bench vise

cmayna

DILLIGARA?
Donator
Actually it is a pretty well aged monster vise that my Ferrari neighbor gave me since I've been drooling over it for quite some time. It's a Cardinal Model 140 that has the quick acting jaw slide feature which was the main reason why I nabbed it. Got very tired of turning the ole vise handle to open and close the jaws.

Very heavy, very awesome.
my7eze6e.jpg

e9a8u2yp.jpg

Note the below grounding clip so I can weld in the vise with ease without having to deal with the grounding strap being in the way.
abu8urum.jpg

ysudemer.jpg

Tapayakin' from my iphone

janschutz

Corn Hauler
Looks great! I have mounted my vice to a Oak 2X10 so I can clamp it down to any work bench and any pace I want it. I think I will add a grounding tab like you have on one of the bolts.

cmayna

DILLIGARA?
Donator
Credit of the grounding tab goes to Opentracker who gave me the idea. In reality, I probably don't need that tab for I could always clamp the grounding cable directly to the piece of table top sheet metal which would send the signal up through the vise as well. But what the heck.

A

Anonymous

Nice vise! You know you can never have one too big. :thum