• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

New statistic

96% of Americans say "oh shit" before they hit a ditch, the other 4% are from Texas and they say "hold my beer and watch this shit!"

I gotta call bullshit on this one.... those numbers are WAY THE HELL OFF.

The "official" report that I read had your numbers reversed..... 4% of americans said "oh shit" and the other 96% are from Texas and said "hold my beer and watch this shit".

Which rings true as the typical american does not drive into the ditch.

Do I recall a story of one of the Sanborn boys driving off road and getting stuck? Then 'ole pappa Sanborn had to go snatch him out and havin a little run in with local game warden?????

Just sayin....small world..

I call bullshit too, I have personal knowledge of being in ditches in Kansas AND Florida.......just for fun :toot

"70_Fastback" said:
Here in the "Big City", we don't have ditches. We have paved streets with curb & gutters. :toot

That's because Kansas is flat and doesn't have ditches. Kansas also can't afford to grade ditches along the side of the road, so they build up the road surfaces with boiled peanuts and then paves over them.

"Midlife" said:
Kansas also can't afford to grade ditches along the side of the road, so they build up the road surfaces with boiled peanuts and then paves over them.
Oh the Humanity. :yikes

No way they use boiled peanuts on the roads, if that was true I would've been run over gorging on road bits :yikes

Picture Golum (sp) from the Lord of the Rings with a bag of boiled peanuts in the middle of the road......MY PRECIOUS!!

Back