• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

New welding helmet - Thank you ORP

cmayna

DILLIGARA?
Donator
I know it's all mental but ever since I tried Opentracker's Miller Performance mig helmet, I knew I had to get one. So much easier to see through both before and during welding. My new helmet arrived this past Friday, while I was engine shopping and I finally found a few moments this weekend to give it a try. Suddenly my welds have become so much more consistent. Then again an hour+ tutoring from Opentracker couldn't have hurt.

Nevertheless, could not believe I was using such a POS helmet for such a long time.

Thanks John for letting me try yours.

I'll start to worry when you start bragging about new underwear. Who knows how you test those out. :yikes

What's cool about this new helmet is I can now chase my wife through the house wearing only the helmet and holding a welding gun and yet......no longer tripping over the cats. I can see now. Wife wishes I couldn't see.

Jake,
Thanks, I just installed Shags rear taillight housings this past couple days. I know it needs the trunklid installed with trim attached.

4_18_08_09_8_21_17.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:
"cmayna" said:
What's cool about this new helmet is I can now chase my wife through the house wearing only the helmet and holding a welding gun and yet......no longer tripping over the cats. I can see now. Wife wishes I couldn't see.

Jake,
Thanks, I just installed Shags rear taillight housings this past couple days. I know it needs the trunklid installed with trim attached.

Hope you did a better job than I, because I installed the sequential LEDs upside-down, which makes them flash in the wrong direction. Now, I have to disassemble & reinstall my driver's side tail light again. At least I know all the wiring is working correctly.

"garner67" said:
Hope you did a better job than I, because I installed the sequential LEDs upside-down, which makes them flash in the wrong direction. Now, I have to disassemble & reinstall my driver's side tail light again. At least I know all the wiring is working correctly.

Oh you should leave that.....it would be funny as helll. :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl

Back