• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Nick is selling the next Eleshitor

SAC69

Donator
"silverblueBP" said:
Sadly, another sucker will come along and buy it.

Interesting how in the ad, everything is in past tense, as in: " the car was color sanded and buffed and polished to achieve the best show quality possible."

and the blog says it's off to get painted :wtf

Unless I missed something (which is possible), the blog does not have a specific date, just month. So, the car could have been painted just before the Craigslist add was made.

66gt350

"Jonk67" said:
where's code enforcement, where's the EPA? that tent is leaking paint and fumes all over that neighborhood, won't someone report this? I can't believe this is going on in 'no smoking in the state' CA????

I don't know the regs for Sacramento County, but here in Shasta County (a little farther north), a private citizen is allowed to paint a maximum of two vehicles per year in their driveway. The vehicles has to be registered to the person painting them. But I'd bet anything that he didn't get a building permit to set up the enclosure.

johnpro

"66gt350" said:
I don't know the regs for Sacramento County, but here in Shasta County (a little farther north), a private citizen is allowed to paint a maximum of two vehicles per year in their driveway.

Sacramento has some of the strictest rules in the state, now, if not the country. You can only have a fire in your own fire place now, when the county deems the SMOG levels low enough. I think they'd have a field day on old Nicky Boy, if they knew!

I was very glad we moved out to Placer County. Like Shasta, they're pretty lax.

A

Anonymous

"SAC69" said:
Unless I missed something (which is possible), the blog does not have a specific date, just month. So, the car could have been painted just before the Craigslist add was made.

Possible, but if it had already been painted, I would bet there'd be pics of it.

Mach1Rider

Thanks, That is one sweet ride, although I don't know about using the NOS bottle as an arm rest. :scar

:)Still concidering that 75k off for Shag too.

garner67

That 429 Eleanor is what you should get when you spend 150k on a car. However, I wonder why the 429 car did not upgrade the instrument panel?

KBMWRS

Welcome truth back
Donator
Hey if DickNick could get ol'Shel to sign his glove box lid that POS would be worth a $1 at least. :lol

gotstang

Wow, the owner of the BOSS429 car got his money's worth, unlike Nick's victims. Dig the clean, no bling engine bay too! I think I actually WANT an Elesnoar for once. :lol

AzPete

To compare a bit, nick only missed a couple of things......like the frame.....and quality......other than that, he is real close......to polishing a turd.

Midlife

Staff member
Donator
"silverblueBP" said:
Quality is only for anal nitpickers.....like Mid :ep

Someone just made the short list for the Curse to visit...

70_Fastback

Hell Bent for Speed
"silverblueBP" said:

Man, that is one nice car.

But why would they do the battery like that? Either hide it or don't. Don't hide half of a battery.

But I'd still deive the sh*t out of it.

Thanks for the link Mark. Pretty cool to see that Boss9 in there although it looks as if it just got sprayed with a fire extinguisher. Looks like a pretty decent car, few things are kinda WTF though. Whats with the front end stance? I'm sure they are some beefy springs to support that motor, but it still looks screwy sitting so high and it looks like it changed the track width of the front. The rear seats look like poo, might be whats causing the bumps in them? Why leave the Optima battery half covered up in the trunk like that? The AC cover is held on with Velcro, really?

daveSanborn

if he were using the correct smc to metal adhesive, the metal parts would need to be sanded to bare metal with 36-40 grit to bond.

Yep, he's using the correct bonding agent, but he's just not following the directions. I tried telling him that back on his #2 car and he ignored me. The directions clearly state that metal surfaces must be clean and scuffed.... he's applying it right onto what could be poorly adhered paint/primer.