• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Not to be outdone...

By Jeremy, I decided to finish up the interior today.

Started by cleaning my seatbelts in woolite

2_07_02_09_4_34_58_0.jpg

Not filthy, but not clean either
2_07_02_09_4_34_59_1.JPG

Then I fit the carpet

Before
2_07_02_09_4_34_59_3.JPG

After
2_07_02_09_4_34_59_4.JPG

Installed the sill plates
2_07_02_09_4_34_59_4.JPG

Then the seats and shifter boot and kick panels

2_07_02_09_4_36_03_0.JPG

2_07_02_09_4_36_03_1.JPG

I also got the seat belts in, but they were boring pics so I left them out.

Suhweet!

But I thought the back carpet overlapped the front carpet? That's how it was on mine anyway.

I didn't get too much done on mine this weekend. It was a weekend for "other stuff". I did however go buy my new back seatbelts.

SB-WT-H.jpg

My old ones where way past salvaging. And I finished sound deadening the interior rear quarter panel pieces. The R-blox deadener made a HUGE difference alone on the structural integrity of those fiberglass panels.

On the '68 carpet the front overlaps the rear as the front has the finished edge on it. Those are cool belts, I thought about getting new ones, but figured I try the old soap and water trick Sluggo is always suggesting I use....

I wonder why the seam was reversed on later years. I personally like the front overlapping the rear. And those belts were $59.99 for the pair with all attaching hardware. Not too shabby I guess. Plus one of my original back seatbelts was blue and the other was black. :wtf

Ya know, it may just be the brand I have. I want to say in my first Mustang the repop kit was rear overlapping the front. I didnt have a console in that car either and I used the tuck stuff in there. :nice Shhhhhh

I was playing with the camera settings and I think I figured out why the pics looked like crap, here are a couple I just took.

The gauge cluster is not screwed in, figured I'd better not since the speedo cable is goin in soon, same reason the ashtray is not in there.

2_10_02_09_5_37_05_2.JPG

2_10_02_09_5_37_04_1.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:
"Sluggo" said:
I'm dyin to know what you had the camera set on :pop

Hell if I know, was out with some friends (ok, the GF's friends) and this chic had the same camera, so I copied her settings.......

Back