• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

October 2008 Car of the Month- 68EFIvert

Sluggo

Darreld's wicked ass vert!

Post some stats bro!

19_01_10_08_11_06_38.jpg

19_01_10_08_11_10_06.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Re: October Car of the Month

Thanks for the honor. It goes to show you is you are the only one to put your name in the hat you will be the only one drawn out. ;D

The car started out as a one stock 6 cyl 3 spd car that was white and had red interior. I purchased it 4 years ago when my oldest daughter was 2 months old. I really wanted to build a Cobra replica but had to settle for a Mustang convertible for obvious reasons. I am glad I did.

Engine

306 cu inch with Stock rotating assembly.
Vortech VS2SQ blower with pulley to make 10 lbs.
AFR heads, E303 cam, 1.7 rr, Performance Product intake, 42 lb injectors. You know all the normal performance goodies.

I currently have a T5 tranny but will soon be putting in a T56 6 speed. It is currently on back order. The rear is a 9" trac-lock with 3.70 gears and factory Versailles disc brakes. The front binders are Mustang Steve Cobra conversion brakes and I have drilled and slotted rotors all the way around.

The front suspension is from Ron Morris Performance and the rear suspension is a G-Bar from TCP. I have a rack and Pinion steering kit from Steeroids. The car handles great and drives straight down the road. I am amazed what the steering did for the car. It doesn't wander even with 275 35 18 BFG rubber in back and 225 45 17 up front. The wheels are Boyd Coddington Magneatos 18*9 and 17*7.

The interior has Procar Rally buckets with the stock rear bench upholstered to match. I made the console and had it covered. It has a full selection of Autometer Sport Comp gauges, power windows and an 8 speaker sound system. The crazy thing is I rarely turn on the stereo. The engine and exhaust sound much better.

So there you have it. A run of the mill restomod that is not for everyone. I like it and that is what matters most. Well almost what matters most. My oldest daughter who is now 4 thinks it is the coolest thing on earth. We have to teach these young ones from an early age.

Thanks guys! I am happy with it especially since it was my first build. I knew virtually nothing about how to do this stuff before I started. I still have a lot to learn but am not nearly as intimidated as I was a few years ago.

"68EFIvert" said:
Thanks guys! I am happy with it especially since it was my first build. I knew virtually nothing about how to do this stuff before I started. I still have a lot to learn but am not nearly as intimidated as I was a few years ago.

That's pretty F%&@^%g strong for a first effort! Can't wait to see the second.

Back