• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Official FOMOCO 2015 Mustang pics

I like the look of the car. Particularly the power bulges on the wheel wells. It reminds me of the design step function between the 68 Fastback and the 69 SportsRoof. The car just looks a lot more aggressive and swoopy-doopy. So, what is Mother Ford going to be charging for this lovely thing "equipped as shown"? The national debt of a couple of small nations? I can't believe the prices of the current models with any performance options. Somebody told me the current Boss Mustang goes for around $40K. A few years ago that was close to GT500 territory.

I've been getting into a 'discussion' on another board. It's not the look I was hoping for, too much sports car euro/Japanese influence for me and not enough American muscle look to it. I realized the front was a carry over from the '14 Focus Fusion and someone on the other forum advised that I apparently don't look at enough mustangs often as he claimed the '15 front is nearly identical to the '14 front.

You tell me, which of these two are a closer match?

20152014_Mustang_Focus_zps05c4c291.jpg

The grill openings, hood ridges, foglight/ts buckets, swept back Asian style headlights, upper/lower grill openings and bumpers are the same between the '15 and the Focus Fusion. The bumper on the '14 actually protrudes and the grill opening is rounded and the headlights are flatter. Your marque leading car should not look like any other car in your lineup, especially from the front for recognition.

Hopefully I can get some straight on shots of the same color cars to make it clearer but even at these varying angles it's obvious to me.

Jon

Edited to correct my faux pas, I always mix up Focus and Fusion when talking/typing they just sound too alike I guess.

You mean the fusion not the focus , right? That was my take on the front too. Very similar to the fusion. Almost like they were doing a 2 door version then making it look like a mustang.

Sent from my XT1058 using Tapatalk

Yep.....not for me at this time. If I was looking for a new car, I am not sure I would buy the Mustang now. Got to much "other car" look for me. I have avoided the conversations on many sites since it seems so many are not willing to look at things openly......it is a Mustang so it must be great attitude.....and they just repeat the same statements.

They wanted to get away from the classic retro so maybe this will build the sales where they want them to keep the world car theory going.

Back