• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

oil pans

SELLERSRODSHOP

anyone know which pan is shallower, the early front sump or fox double hump? i need to start looking for a shallow pan to get the motor set as low as possible to keep everything under the hood...

I have both, when I get home this weekend I can measure them(if someone else doesn't answer first)

Without measuring mine, and going by memory, I'd say that the Fox pan is probably shallower. If it stops raining I can double check that for you today (my Fox pan is outside under the '92). BTW, if it is indeed shallower and you need one, drop me a PM. I have no plans to use it as a front sump pan is on the engine now for the '66.

Are you looking for outside dimensions? I have a fox body pan sitting in the garage it measures about 8 inches.
also you can have it if you want it. It's just taking up space.

thanks guys! i just want to try & get the motor under the stock hood without having to cut & add a scoop. i'll check with a couple guys who have done the conversion & see what they have used. i may go with the fox if it's the shallowest as i'll be adding a bolt in crossmember under the motor & can put that wherever i need to.

thanks for the pan offers, i'll let you know what i decide & we'll go from there.

I just did a quick measurement, I have a 67 289 pan, from flange face to oil pan drain plug is about 7 1/4"
I also have a 94 Cobra Fox pan, it measure about 8" from flange face to drain plug

Back