• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Opinion - New glass

sigtauenus

I had a vandalism incident a few years ago and got a new windshield out of it, but its not Carlite, believe its a Dupont brand. I also bought new side glass that was tinted and also is not Carlite brand. Looks good though with no scratches (my original glass had been hit by the DA sander a couple times with heinous looking scratches).

My fastback back glass is in pretty decent shap but also does have some scratches on it too deep to buff out.

What are the opinions on scratched glass?

My concern is not that they affect visibility, as they do not, but that the scratches will detract from the fresh paint job. The other issue is, what to do with the original glass if I buy new, as I don't want to ship it nor do I want it sitting around.

My glass on the rear and sides is scratched.....I am cheap so I deal with it....plus I drive it alot.

Thanks, that makes the decision a lot easier.

I actually had used original tinted side glass, but it turned out to be ruined by grinding slag at some point, either by accident of my own fault or a PO. So I had two full sets of side glass, my original and the tinted, and both were just plain horrible. I opted to get the new glass tinted since I am adding a/c to the car.

I'm not sure how effective that green tint is but I like the look of it, particularly with the green paint.

Back