• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Opinions Please

Should I?

• Yes, rocker trim

Votes: 4 22.2%
  • No, leave it of

Votes: 14 77.8%

• Total voters

6t6red

I can't decide. Do you think my car would look better with or without rocker trim?
DSC00696.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Midlife

Staff member
Donator
Why not do one side with; the other side without.

For those with bipolar disorders...

KBMWRS

Welcome truth back
Donator
I'd say since you are running sans front corral do the same with the rocker panel.....the red pops already...no need.

jpyoung

I carefully taped the molding onto one side to see how it looked. Eventually I went without it. Your car looks great without them.

Dne'

Could you do what jpyoung said, maybe tape it on and take a photo and post it? I haven't seen side mouldings on to say whether or not I like 'em or not.
dne'

"jpyoung" said:
I carefully taped the molding onto one side to see how it looked. Eventually I went without it. Your car looks great without them.

6t6red

I have the trim so I can try and tape it on and stand back for a look. I originally planned on putting all trim back on, but I kind of like the muscle look it has now. My wife and kids think it should be put on but I think it will be too much bling. Maybe friday I can tape it on for a look.

KBMWRS

Welcome truth back
Donator
Not sure if this matters to you but the trim will take more abuse from road debris meaning no paint chips.

Just a thought.

6t6red

I'm taken some heat from the wife about this. She has been a good sport about all the time I have put into this car the past year and she would like the trim on the car. I still want opinions from everyone and see which way it goes. I can live with the trim on the car but I think I like it better without. I will show her the results of the poll. :tigg

AzPete

If you want to keep peace plus continue on building cars, your wife will be correct. :rofl I did my last one with, this car now is without. I prefer without.

A

Anonymous

Nice knowing you if you choose opposite of your other 1/2, I was going to paint my car GO until Deb "thought" it would be better with the color that Ford gave it.

AtlantaSteve

Did any models come from the factory without it? It seems that MOST of the non-stock mustangs you see riding around have it removed.

I removed mine too. I think it looks like really thin cheap stamped metal.....cause it is.