• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Our loved dog is leaving this world…

KBMWRS

Welcome truth back
Donator
Clancy, a very loved member of the family.

We brought him home as such a little pup. He was more leg and feet than body. But as most pups he showed immediate love for all the family. My son proceeded to train him in strict obedience. He would walk closely by our side for many years.

Well, today is his last day. The tumors are just too much for him. He’s tired and needs to rest. He is 13 years old now. Once weighed in at 100lbs of Doberman strength. Now although heavy with tumors his weight is far less.

On walks he would look curiously at other dogs barking at him. He was trained not to react. Once a loose dog came very close on a walk, barking and such and then when Clancy didn’t react the dog quickly backed off. A secret about Dobermans are that they as most loving pets they are just couch potatoes. Snuggle up and take a nap. Preferably on your lap..all 100 lbs.

My son moved to Wisconsin to work as an A&P mechanic on Gulfstreams in 2020. He left Clancy with us, although he wanted him. I said he needed to get established first. He did. Buying a house with his girlfriend (now his wife). Later that year we took Clancy along with my son’s Mitsu across country to Hortonville, WI. In 2021 my son got married and Clancy was there. He has a nice grass backyard, unfenced, where he sun bathes. He knocks on the patio door when he wants back in.

Its rough being so far away. But no matter the distance it wouldn’t matter. The pain and love are the same.
(sorry for ALL the pics...love that guy)
1 SF 06May10 Clancy Sean.jpg2 SF 10Jun10 Clancy 7.jpg3 SF Jul10 Clancy 1.jpg4 SF Sep10 Clancy 2.jpg5 SF Mar11 Clancy Joann.jpg

I am sorry to hear that you are losing Clancy. If people are not dog owners they will never understand the depth of the loss of a faithful companion. My condolences for your entire family.

Sorry to hear that Mike . I feel your pain cause I had a dog too and when he passed away....I was sick for a whole week.
They grow onto your heart without saying a word. Just by looking at you. Sorry for your loss.

So sorry to hear Mike. Dogs really are our best friends. I still dearly miss Oscar, Shades, Jeb and Carver.

Sorry for the loss of your family member. Our fur people are not pets, they are part of our family.

Tim

Sorry to hear that Mike.

Sounds like he had a great life. Dobermans can be awesome dogs when trained correctly.

Sent from my motorola one 5G using Tapatalk

So sorry for your loss, Mike. I know that pain all too well and it hurts like a SOB. He will live on in your memories.

I'm sorry to hear about the loss, Mike. They truly do become part of the family, and it's never easy to lose a family member.

Back