• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

P90X workout review

A

Anonymous

Posted questions about this a few weeks ago, Deb bought the DVDs and started the workout. It's been 4 weeks now for her and just one week for me.

All I can say is OMG, this is the most intense physical workout I've ever done. Back in my single days when I was working 2 jobs, water skiing 5 days a week and working/teaching nautilus workouts at the local fitness center, I NEVER had such intense workouts :yikes
There are many options with this program, follow the exact workout or do what you can. Follow the eating plan or do the best you can. It's all about doing SOMETHING instead of nothing. If you're a lazy bum (me) it will be almost impossible to do every rep of each diff exercise. If you are already fit (Deb) you start building on it immediately.

You get 12 diff DVDs that concentrate on certain muscle groups while at the same time still doing a heavy cardio workout.
They range in time from 1 hour to 1 1/2 hours, but the way it's done, it really does go by pretty quickly. Tony Horton is a a good motivator and kinda funny all at the same time. You work out 6 days a week and rest one day. The food suggested is not bad either, lots of lean protein and a balance of the other foods....hell, I even throw some micro beer in there.

If you want to get fit, this would be another good way of going about it. Now, if I can just stay motivated enough to get my feeble body fit enough to last 4 full track sessions and more than 3 sets of skiing I'll be happy!

I hesitated to do the workout when Deb started, kept saying I didn't have an hour to waste on it. That was complete BS and finally decided I didn't want to be the old guy that has cool toys, but can't play with them.

"tarafied1" said:
do they make a workout for lazy people?

Yes, it's been around for years...it's called "Beer-N-Couch". Problem is that I've been doing that one for too long :doh

I just came to the realization that sitting on the couch and drinking beer had not worked to help me pass that damn PT, so I figured working out couldn't hurt :doh

I'm on "the cheap homeowner" excercise program.

Typical evenings after work are consumed with physical activities maintaining either the house, the yard or one of the six vehicles, not including the boat or the four trailers. I am never "caught up".

There's a long list of things waiting for me to get to..... including, but not limited to:

The gutter on the rear of the house is clogged with leaves, I need to clean it once and for all and install a wire mesh to prohibit leaves from ever clogging it again.

I need to install a new roof on the greenhouse.

The rear crossmember for the boat trailer snapped off; I just got a call a few minutes ago that the replacement piece is at the local boat shop waiting on me to go pick it up and install.

My truck, our daily driver beater car and my wifes Harley are all overdue for an oil change. The filters and oil have been sitting on a workbench for several weeks.

It's been at least a year since any vehicle has been waxed.

I have approx. 6 cords of wood that needs to be split and the pile relocated 50 yards.

I need to scrounge approx 40 cubic yards of clean fill to ready/level an area on the side of my shop for the additions concrete slab that I plan on pouring in approx. 6 months.

Excercise video? You've got to be kidding me.....

I hear ya Dave,

My car is done, maintenance on the others doesn't involve much. Trucks fine, tractor's fine, the cattle keeps the grass down, the house is new enough and metal sided / roofed that there 's just not enough busy work to make a difference. Combine that with a desk job and a turtles metabolism and you get fat & lazy and "that's no way to go through life son"

Never had this problem when I worked 60 hours on the floor building custom cabinetry.

I hear ya. That's why I changed my life's direction as well. Except I didn't do it with a :gobp video :dumas

"70_Fastback" said:
I hear ya. That's why I changed my life's direction as well. Except I didn't do it with a :gobp video :dumas

I found this in town and thought it fit you perfectly

:bird

Come on now, it's only a 30 min round trip to town :nice

Back