• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Painless powerbraid wire covers

I picked some of this stuff up after seeing a picture of it in Dave's sons E-car. I really like the stuff, works well! Wasnt sure if I should post it here or in the vendor evaluation board.

2_21_03_09_4_51_46_2.JPG

2_21_03_09_4_51_45_1.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:
"Sluggo" said:
Is that similar to the factory cloth braided wire loom?

From the painless site

"Protect and clean up any harness installation with our braided wire wrap. Laterally split design closes around wire bundle without the need for additional taping or zip ties. 25% edge overlap allows for easy installation over splices and inline connectors without exposing wires and cables."

Its a plastic type braid, after you cut it you need to put a flame to the end to keep it from fraying. I ordered some 1/2" and 3/4 from Mustangs Unlimited and it wasnt terribly expensive. I'm happy with the turnout.

I ordered some 1/2" and 3/4 from Mustangs Unlimited and it wasnt terribly expensive.

When I first bought this stuff I was on the Painless website and from there sought the "closest retailer/distributor". Surprisingly it was my local Autozone. Since my local AZ will price match other retailers (Summit/Jegs/Whomever), I found the best price and had them order it for me, thus avoiding any shipping charges.

I saw autozone on the website as well, but figured they wouldnt have it in stock. I was placing an order at MU anyway so I threw it on that one, I think I've finally used up all my credit with them....

Back