• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Pat's going to look at a car

napaguy

Tomorrow morning..I want to make sure I am not forgetting anything to check for. What are the first things you look for when buying a mustang? 65 coupe 200 c4 plain jane with power steering. TIA

RUST

ohh, it said things

• all vins match title
    straight body panels
    Water test (ask permission first), water in cowl
    Starts, shifts, smokes?
    Brakes work
    Rust underneath, floor pans, trunk drop offs, battery tray

tap on floor pans from underneath, cowl as mentioned, toe boards, trunk area, AND NO FREAKIN' HACKED DASH!!! good luck and let us know

Sorry for the delay guys...I passed on the car. It truly was very original and very nice. It drove out nice and was nearly everything he said it was. Unfortunately he wasnt a car guy and I spotted a few things such as what looked like three bubbles on the pillar on the outside, some light rust on the firewall lip about six inches long and a hole in the pass side trunk floor that was only visible from underneath. The cowl still looked new from underneath and the rest of the body was rust free. He wouldnt go any lower than 7k so I told him I was going to pass. Oh well I will keep looking

Back