• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

People Suck.

BobV

:soapboxrant
God damn lazy fucking thieves. :rant
Today while MY daughter was busy working for a living, some low-life took a sawzall to her car and took the catalytic convertor. Nice. 1 week left that she can work this summer... And I get to start this semester's tuition payments on Wednesday. Great timing assholes.
:soapboxrant

FWIW, this happened in the crowded parking lot at the Legends (yeah Duane, that's where your wife went shopping last week) today between 11AM and 7PM... and nobody saw anything. Police said they'd write a report if I REALLY wanted one. Security cameras in operation, but they doubted they'd find anything. Apparently, this is not uncommon at all.

Too bad they didn't knick the fuel line and fry themselves without toasting her car. There are plenty of scumbags out there like this.
I got justice once when my car alarm pager went off at a friends, walked 3 houses down to find legs hanging out my broken window. His trip to the hospital then jail was worth the $100 I spent for a new window.

A company I worked for had an office in an old raised house, came in one Mon. and none of the plumbing worked, some crackhead cut all the copper piping out from under the house and sold it for scrap. Probably got $50 for it, cost ~3K+ to have it replumb because they had to figure out where everything went...

I really wish Karma would eliminate more of these lowlifes.
Jon

Sorry to hear about the incident. If you have comprehensive coverage on the car, this should be covered under your auto insurance, subject to the deductible.

Ain't got much for these people. It's one thing to steal for food and another to get a high. Perhaps the dope they buy will be tanted with poison. Only would serve them right. Fuckers.

Really? the converter???

WTH good is stealing just the converter? Are they that valuable on the black market? Can't you just replace it with a pc of pipe?

Sorry you have to deal with it.

Apparently, scrap dealers are paying $40-$50 for them. The scumbags take them from older cars (hers is a 2002), so they won't raise suspicion by selling a new-looking convertor. They also tend to target trucks, vans and SUVs as they are easier to access. I don't see HOW they got under her Sunfire so easily, but they did. Local cops said they get at least a dozen calls a week...

This car has an O2 sensor after the cat, which triggers a check engine light to let you know the convertor isn't working right, so I can't get away with a piece of pipe. They cut out about 18" of pipe, and the replacement cat ($99) is only 13" long, so looks like I need the complete pipe assy ($250) if I'm going to tackle a DIY repair. At $250, this one is CHEAP, and won't be worth turning in to insurance - some cars can run a $1000...

I think I slept about 2 hours last night... :guns :guns :guns

My daughter's cat for her S10 was pretty spendy. IIRC hers included the pipes too. I just bought a cheap high flow cat and had a shop weld it in $150.

Because it is high flow the engine light comes on and it is illegal in CA where she lives! Good thing it is registered in UT.

Sorry to hear this. People just aren't observant and don't seem to care.

Sent from my DROID X2 using Tapatalk 2

Not uncommon around here with all the meth that these druggies are pumping in there veins. Apparently, the converters have trace amounts of titanium which make them worth money.

Bill

Re: Re: People Suck.

"67 Fastback" said:
Not uncommon around here with all the meth that these druggies are pumping in there veins. Apparently, the converters have trace amounts of titanium which make them worth money.

Bill

Actually, its platinum.

It gets better... looks like they damaged the o2 sensor wiring... another $89. :char

The 3 manifold bolts came off clean, but the 3 bolts to the cat-back all sheared off. Ah, good times...

"Midlife" said:
Linky no worky for me-ey.

Works for me. You always have trouble :roll Move your little clicky thingy over the link and click the left button :bowdown :beer

Bill

Wth is wrong with people. Well hopefully he will cut his own hand off next time.

I am so tired of people stealing shit! I lose about 30 pairs of shoes a month to thieves at work.

Final tally - $374.14, plus 5.5 hours of my labor at $0.00/hr.
Hope the asswipe enjoys his $40 worth of crack.

NOw the daughter doesn't even want to drive her car to work for fear that they'll see it and do it again... :hs

I'm picking up 20 ft of aircraft cable this week and stringing it back and forth under the cat / across the tunnel. Won't stop someone who's willing, but it will definitely turn a 1 minute job into a 5 minute job - might be enough to discourage them... :shrug

"BobV" said:
Final tally - $374.14, plus 5.5 hours of my labor at $0.00/hr.
Hope the asswipe enjoys his $40 worth of crack.

NOw the daughter doesn't even want to drive her car to work for fear that they'll see it and do it again... :hs

I'm picking up 20 ft of aircraft cable this week and stringing it back and forth under the cat / across the tunnel. Won't stop someone who's willing, but it will definitely turn a 1 minute job into a 5 minute job - might be enough to discourage them... :shrug

How about installing a skid plate covering it?

Mel

"RapidRabbit" said:
I am so tired of people stealing shit! I lose about 30 pairs of shoes a month to thieves at work.

Are you Imelda Marcos in reverse-drag???

Back