• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

phone service

RustyRed

Man, I just had the displeasure of calling Sears. After finally getting a live person (a feat unto itself) it was a challenge at best. I have a service guy scheduled to come out today to fix something.

All I wanted to do is make sure they have instructions for the guy to call me on my cell when he is headed my way. They will only tell you they are coming between 8 and 5 (gee, that's specific) and I am not sitting at home using a vacation day to wait on them. Basically told the guy that if they don't call the cell I won't be home when they get there, I work about 5 - 10 minutes away.

Lets just say the dude that was on the other end of the line was not the sharpest knife in the drawer. I am pretty sure quality service (or even passable service) is a dead animal these days :conf

I hear ya on the automated phone service...what a pain. :expl

To hijack this thread.....

Sears so many years back was THE perfect internet website to be exploited IF they only had done so. They had a catalogue that almost everyone had, an ID system for every product they sold, a distribution/mailing system...they WERE Amazon before there was an Amazon.

And the old executives there just let it die.

And Kresge.....They were the tops when they expanded the 'dime' store to a K-Mart but fell asleep while WalMart hit them in the small markets and then took over ALL the markets.

Execs......not there to better the company...just to get their pay, benefits and golden parachutes...ala the banking and auto industries. :2guns :2guns :expl

"Midlife" said:
What's not broke that needs fixing?

My garage door, roller keeps coming off the guide rail. Guy showed up and fixed it pretty quick. I would have fixed it but the wife had them install the garage door opener we bought a few months back and they had put the rollers on. Figured it was no charge now so instead of me screwing with it I'd make them get it right. Wonder of wonders, he actually called me like he was supposed to when he was on the way. Took maybe 30 minutes during which time I was playing with the Mustang. Why waste a perfectly good 30 minutes when I had a couple of small tasks to get done, right?

And, of course, you told your boss that the repair took the rest of the day, right? RIGHT? :rulez

Back