• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Pics From My "Wonderful" Weekend!

Ponyman66

Yak, yak, yak
Here's some images of the fun I had awaiting my return home this past weekend. It was the results of the ice storm that hit SC.

The first is the live oak in the center of my front yard. The next is the live oak in the back yard, next to back of the house and hanging over the roof. I was able to clear the one from the rear of the house during Sat. and Sun. Those are the last two pics. I carried approximately 2 tons of wood. The wood big enough for the fireplace was segregated and the rest of the small limbs/branches were placed in two HUGE piles (I had to do two because the first got so big!). There are tons more trees (mostly pine) broken off in my back yard and some larger stuff up front. Over the next few weekends I hope to get everything into several piles. I'll bring in a wood chipper then and finish up. Power was lost on Wed night and we didn't get it back until late Sat. afternoon. It took until almost 11:30pm to get the house back up to temperature! Thankfully I didn't run into any problems and there was just very minor damage to the roof (the fascia and some shingles).

I'm gonna have plenty of nice oak firewood next winter. I didn't have time to start on the tree in the front yard, but it won't be nearly as much trouble to clean up. I was also able to ensure nothing would come down along the driveway. We checked the trees lining it and found a few "hangers" that we were able to clear out. I certainly got my workout cutting and moving all the wood that I did. That green oak is NOT light! It coulda been MUCH worse though so I am truly thankful!

Attachments

• IMG959988.jpg
    IMG959988.jpg
    485.2 KB · Views: 58
  • IMG_0541.jpg
    IMG_0541.jpg
    129.4 KB · Views: 56
  • photo 4a.jpg
    photo 4a.jpg
    461.9 KB · Views: 56
  • photo 1.jpg
    photo 1.jpg
    839.6 KB · Views: 54
I know how you feel about losing a big yard tree. Back in the early 80's, I lost a monster front yard oak tree which damaged part of our house and crushed my '53 truck.

crushed53.jpg

Back