• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Planning the next project/repair

janschutz

Corn Hauler
A couple weeks ago, some road derbies flew up, scratched my hood and cowl. It also cracked the windshield. The hood and cowl already needed painting and the windshield was already pitted from some grinding sparks (live and learn).

The plan is to remove the windshield and see if there are any rust holes to repair. It has always leaked so I would not be surprised if there is.

The paint on the cowl but not the hood is covered by a lifetime warranty (if was cracking and lifting). Before the repaint, I want to cover the cowl vents, I have always hated them. I think someone on the board sold the patch panels (If they are still around). I need to get them welded in before paint. I just not sure what to do about the windshield washer hoses (keep of fab up something else).

Then get everything painted and polished.

Lastly, get a new windshield installed (someone recently posted some good tips on doing this. I never have been successful and doing one and it not leaking afterward.

I am also wondering what else to do before I get paint on these areas. anyone else think of some cool mods?

Back