• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Posted this a while back on the VMF, need some fresh eyes and opinions.

Which paint scheme?

• Option 1

Votes: 6 23.1%
  • Option 2

Votes: 2 7.7%
  • Option 3

Votes: 8 30.8%
  • Option 4

Votes: 15 57.7%

• Total voters
I'm gonna break ranks and change to number 3.

While I'm not a big fan of the C-stripe, I think it's that car's identity.

The stripe across the top and the c-stripe is a little too much IMO.

Welcome back Mark!

I kinda remember this poll on the VMF, but can't remember WTH I said then. Looking at the options now, I like #3, the car looks meaner without the hood stripes.

I forgot to add that I almost did the #4 combo and then decided at the last minute to leave it a solid color. If you are having a hard time deciding leave it plain green. Then drive it for a while before you add the stripes. That would allow you to tape the stripes on and see exactly how it would look. Just a tip.

Rick,

I thought long and hard about changing the color to Dark Highland Green because your car stops me dead in my tracks everytime I see it. :$$$

"Sluggo" said:
I'm gonna break ranks and change to number 3.

While I'm not a big fan of the C-stripe, I think it's that car's identity.

The stripe across the top and the c-stripe is a little too much IMO.

+1

I considered a ghost C stripe on my car. I have a picture somewhere I'll have to dig out where the painter did up some samples on an old door he had laying around. The reason I decided against the stripe was that just about every picture I saw of Mustangs with C stripes there was just a small portion near the door/fender where they did not line up perfectly, like the door had a sag or something. I knew it would drive me nuts if mine didnt line up correctly. Yours looks to line up great already though.

DSCF1943.jpg

Back