• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

PPG omni paint

the 600 just wasn't cutting it enough so we went lightly with 320

:ep

I've used PPG Omni on a few cars and haven't had any problems. I consider it to be a good "basic" paint. Whoever laid on your single stage didn't do you any favors if 600 grit paper wasn't cutting the orange peel. I used a single stage on my Jeep and didn't do ANY wetsanding and it looks great. Did you use a novice painter?

no hes no professional, does it more as a hobby but has painted quite a few cars so its not like his first.. my thoughts are maybe it was too hot that day not sure.. were not going for show quality paint just a really nice driver that i can take to shows and not be embarrassed lol, ill know tomorrow whats the deal.....

Ok so we painted again used a different reducer and hardener and it seemed to work its been outside baking in the hot sun for about a week now and it looks great.. I had a pro autobody guy look at it and he said it was drying as it was hitting the car which made the paint do what I did.. Thanks for all the help I'll be posting pictures of a finished car soon!!

Back