• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Printer problems

FordDude

Well-Known Dude
Staff member
My printer is hooked up to my network, that is I have connected to my AT&T Uverse modem with an Ethernet cable. My laptop works fine, I hit print and it spits it out in another room. (Printer is in the same room as the modem.) My daughter also has a Dell laptop and it has worked in the past. I can go into troubleshooting the printer and print a test page. We tried reloading the drivers, and that did not fix the problem. When she tries to print we get an error message something like "This operation is not possible" Any suggestions on what to look for or change? Her school starts next week, so I may have to get someone to help me figure this out.

fd

Might try assigning the printer a static ip.

If you go into settings on the printer and see the ip settings , write them down. Then type the ip in your browser and change the settings on the printer so that its a static ip.

I had this similar issue once before. My devices were conflicting with the ip on the printer.

Also did you install the disk it came with on your daughters computer?

Back