• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Pulled pork

guruatbol

Always on vacation!
Well, a couple weeks ago we smoked a pork shoulder and pulled it for sandwiches and one of our neighbors was so impressed they asked us to do one. They bought two roasts and gave us one and asked us to do one for them.

So, we rubbed them down last night and wrapped them and put them in the fridge over night. This morning we put them in the smoker and we are waiting patiently.

Here is the before shot and I will post an after, I can't wait!

Attachments

• pork shoulder.jpg
    pork shoulder.jpg
    69.1 KB · Views: 46
Using a mix of hickory and apple. the time was about 10 hours on the first one. The second one is still in the smoker. We had the temp set at 230, but just bumped it to 275 to finish the second roast.

The IT is 190 and then it rests for 20 minutes and we pull it with forks. I'll have pics of it all when the second roast is done. The neighbor already came and got theirs.

We are all waiting for dinner still. 9:00 pm here and IT is at 180. 10 degrees to go.

I want to see a close up of some pulled pork stuffed a sandwich. Not too demanding am I?

We made a vinegar based finishing sauce. Was so yummy. Sorry no pics of the sandwich! Well I can take a pick in a few days, but it just won't look or smell as good. :yah

Mel

When I get home I'll pm you the rub and sauce recipe.

Mel

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk 2

Back