• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Radio and speakers?

Dne'

I know I shouldnt even asking about this, but I can't help it! :cry You think I know very little about c4 transmissions? well, same goes for stereo systems! The laurelmountain rear package tray thing that I bought (a year ago) has provisions for two 6 x 9's, and I will get the kick panels someday. But what system are some of you running? IT would be so cool to install a radio and then I can listen INSIDE MY MUSTANG to the Beachboys or whatever while I work/play!
tanks,
dne'

I just saw a post the other day on the other site about someone buying one of those aftermarket radio bezels, said they were junk. If you dont want to cut yours up, I would look for a nice used one and cut it for an aftermarket head unit, with an iPod hook up. IIRC, there is an Alpine that has an MP3 built into the detachable faceplate, so you can take it with you into the house to load music, etc. A nice set of 6X9's in the rear an some nice 5.5" in the kickpanels. Maybe a small sub and amp in the trunk and your rockin.

With the proper exhaust, you will not hear the stereo except maybe at stop lights. lol

I just fabbed a "change holder" that completely hides the stereo and is accessible through a trap door. Unfortunately, I'm having difficulty loading pics. I put in a Kenwood unit, Kenwood 6x9s, Alpine 500w amp pushing two 10" Rockford Fosgates and it jams. A little much on the amp and subs but is very tight at my listening level. Bass level is very adjustable through the head unit. Ended up buying at BB and the Kenwood 6x9s were their top Kenwoods. They had a set of infinitys (6x9) that were AWESOME sounding. I'm not a radio guru but am extremely pleased with how it turned out. I'll try again to post some pics of the "fab job" tonight. I had to make a frame for the sub box (hate the visible 2x4) to sit on in the trunk and will eventually turn it into a "half trunk" to hide everything.

I posted this somewhere here before, I'm using a WallyWorld $80 JVC and used a dremel to cut my bezel. It works okay and like they say when I'm cruising I usually don't have it on anyway.
72_10_03_09_5_12_09_3.jpg

PS
Its satellite ready and you can plug in an Ipod. The wire you see is my antenna cuz I really don't want one on the car. It was just laying in there. I have an extension wire now and I'm going to put the antenna in the trunk. Not many good music stations here in KY anyway!

Last edited by a moderator:
I saw a post the other day where someone said they jammed the antenna up into the A pillar and it works fine.....just a thought

What about the radios you see at the mustang shops that fit right into the existing bezel? I just would like for the radio to look like it belongs with the car. I would like a cd player to play music that went along with the year(Creedence, beachboys, etc), or the little mp3 player, or something similar. I think my main concern is the picking out speakers. But I'm sure whatever I get will suffice for now. I can always upgrade the speakers later on.

Those USA autowhatevers they are called are pretty much junk. Check someplaces like crutchfield or something and see if they have something that will fit in the stock bezel.

Back