• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Radio guit working ??

70 StangMan

Donator
So I'm out for a nice Sunday drive yesterday enjoying a great day and good tunes when out of the blue the radio quits making sound. :rant The light in the unit that illuminates the station numbers still works but no sound at all. Could it something simple or did it just "die" ?? Checked the fuse box an no loose wires. The radio is similar to this one.
1967-1973_Mustang_Radio_230.jpg

Is your radio a "Custom Autosound" POS? If so, dump it! My truck has one of their radios and I hate it.

Likely dead but could be as simple as the speaker connection(s). You might also see if the AM band works just to see if there is something else amiss.

"Horseplay" said:
Likely dead but could be as simple as the speaker connection(s). You might also see if the AM band works just to see if there is something else amiss.
No AM either.

"cmayna" said:
Is your radio a "Custom Autosound" POS? If so, dump it! My truck has one of their radios and I hate it.
Not sure of the brand. PO already had it in there when I got the car. Says MUSTANG on the front but no running ponies like the one in picture. :dun

Opportunity for you to replace it with a brand-new unit that also has iPod inputs Bluetooth and CDs. Time to move into the 21st century old man.

Mark

Sent from my semi-smart phone

I think he is talking about rotted teeth and CD is something you get when you are not carefull.

Back