• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Rear end lubricant recommended

cmayna

DILLIGARA?
Donator
Thought I'd get your recommendation on what lubricant I should use in Shag's new traction lok setup. As Mr. Sandborn told me to use Ford's friction modifier but with which oil? What about using Redline 75/90 synthetic oil that already has
the additive in it?

Will Royal Purple or Redline synthetic's find their way through a paper gasket? I was going to apply a light coat of Hylomar dressing on each side of the gasket, then followed with the typical copper washers.

Looking at RP's site, it must be their max gear 75/90w stuff.

The good Doctor recommends KY-Jelly :ky:for all rear-end problems. 'Nuff said. ~thu :icon_thumleft:

"Midlife" said:
The good Doctor recommends KY-Jelly for all rear-end problems. 'Nuff said. ~thu :icon_thumleft:
Consider yourself disciplined.
You missed a perfect opportunity to use the allotted smiley :ky:

:binkybaby:

OK jokers. Keep them butt plugs comin'

Just tell me if I can use paper gaskets with synthetic oil

Yes you can use paper gaskets with synthetic oil, BUTT, I have no idea if your rearend will leak or not.............................. :naughty

"Sluggo" said:
"Midlife" said:
The good Doctor recommends KY-Jelly :ky: for all rear-end problems. 'Nuff said. ~thu :icon_thumleft:

WTF are you talking about?

Why would a paper gasket be any more prone to leakage because of fluid viscosity?

Paper gaskets hold back coolant pretty well.

"Midlife" said:
"Sluggo" said:
"Midlife" said:
The good Doctor recommends KY-Jelly :ky: for all rear-end problems. 'Nuff said. ~thu :icon_thumleft:

WTF are you talking about?

Nice edit!

Back