• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Rebuilding control valve this weekend

Im gona be starting the rebuild of the control valve probaly tonight and then a whole weekend on the car. Most of the week was lost on this massive storm we had on the east coast. Only got to work on car for one day.

Anyways has anyone rebuilt there valve before? Just wana know if there was any issues with the rebuild kit parts. I have the blownout drawing of the control valve so I should be fine with dis-assembly and re-assembly

I found those links in a previous post when I did the search, I was hoping someone had actually rebuilt one and would have first hand knowledge of the rebuild, doesnt seem that way tho. Thanks sigtauenus

I rebuilt the control valve on a 67 Coupe that I had back in say '91 or '92. Back then the rebuild parts were still available from the Ford dealer parts counter.

I had two problems with the rebuild. First was I didn't have an inch pound torque wrench for the adjustment on the end (under the cap). Second was I put the hoses to the cylinder on backwards and had a crazy uncontrollable steering wheel until I figured it out and swapped them back.

Back