• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

replacing rear frame rails?

"Sluggo" said:
If building a drag car is out of your budget or will cause budgetary concerns then either self the project or scrap it.

Personally, I think the fox body would be a better choice. You can get that done with little outlay and put an old school paint job on it.

There's jillions of go fast bolt ons parts for foxes.

Sent from my Desire HD using Tapatalk
I had a budget until my son moved back home! Now it's just whatever extra money I can scrape together. Even if I can't move forward right now it won't always be my biggest problem. I just want too much!

"apollard" said:
By the time you finish with a frame shop, welding plates, and a few other 'minor' items, you'll have spent your $500 (or more).

OTOH, maybe Scedd is right will the problems really be that large for a drag car? Can you take some measurements using the frame dimesions floating around the net? If the front / rear track is OK, for a drag car it may be fine.
good point, as long as it tracks straight I guess it's not a big deal if the rails are tweaked a bit

Back