• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

?s on Ford report

69mstng

I got a Ford report for my 68 today. I know these reports are not always accurate. They even made a mistake on the engine. This is a J code car and on the report it has it as 200 6 cylinder. But most of the options look correct. There are a few i have never herd of on a 68 mustang. "bright window frame molding", "Power rear seat" and "Power vent system" Has any one heard of these options? I find it hard to belive in 68 they had power rear seats. What do they mean by bright window molding and power vent system?? I do have a marti report coming but i think it will be awhile before it gets here.

I'd wait on Kevin's report, he has all the original data.

What do they mean by bright window molding and power vent system??

Good question as I've never heard of this either.

Power rear seats? I don't think so.

The rear window defroster is a neat option though, not a lot of cars came with that.

My Ford report just spat the same infor I gave them on the VIN.....I got the Marti report and learned a lot more....like it was a green car. :sad. Which was proven when I stripped the interior.

I've heard of the Power Vent option but not the other two. Here is a little tidbit on the Power Vent option for the 69/70 cars, which should be the same or similar for your car:

The Power Vent System was a $40.02 stand-alone option that was available in lieu of air conditioning. It was a center register added to the basic standard heater system. The dash control had a position marked "Power Vent" in small letters just to the right of the defrost position. When the control lever is switched to Power Vent, a vacuum control duct opens above the radio and can be directed by setting the blower speed. Cool and hot air can be blended to achieve the desired temperature with the same temperature-control knob the heater utilizes. The Power Vent option wasn't very popular, thus it's rarely seen on Mustangs today. I believe most new Mustang buyers were simply not aware of this option, as salesmen pushed air conditioning to raise their commissions. It really works well and it's nice to have outside air coming out of a higher center register instead of the lower kick-panel vents only. The 1969 owner's manual illustrates the controls and operation in the Comfort and Convenience Features section.

Back