• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Seat belt bolts - I can't read the assembly manual

sigtauenus

Assembly manual has it pretty clear as far as washers and bolt placement for the seat belts.

427_14_07_10_1_49_56_2.jpg

Unfortunately, the AMK kit doesn't match what the assembly manual says. So the assembly manual shows 2 washers as "C" for the retractor (View "CC") as well as a washer "A." For the other belt, it gets a washer "A" (View "AA"). So according to the manual, I need 2 washers "C" and 2 washers "A." I didn't cross reference the finish, but both are the same, which would mean both a metal washers. What I actually got in the AMK kit is pictured below, ie, 2 large metal washers, 1 small metal washer, and 2 rubber washers. If "C" meant the large metal washer and "A" meant the rubber washer, I got it made. I don't think that's the case though. I thought maybe it would make sense if the rubber was meant to be a seal of some sort, but then view "AA" specifically shows a sealant "D" on the transmission tunnel under the washer that goes there.

427_14_07_10_1_49_56_1.jpg

So how do these go together?

Wow am I being anal or what?

I just took some belts out of a 67. It had: Large washer against carpet, next the retractor, the the small metal washer, and the rubber washer went against the head of the bolt.

Back